PDA

View Full Version : HU w/ Ogg Vorbis support?

Phrogger
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey guys, I store all of my music (roughly 127 hours worth, ripped) on my MP3 player (iRiver iHP-120). To get top quality out of my rips I always encode my rips into .ogg format. Anyway I need a HU that I can use my player with (aux) and that will support not only mp3/wma but ogg aswell.. I can't find any information on this.. has anybody had experience with this? my price range is flexible.. anywhere from 300-500, i could buy one used so if something retails above that let me know about it anyway. thanks :)

jujumantb
05-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Your MP3 player will send out a low-level analog signal to the deck already, it handles the format itself. Any deck with an AUX on it will work. I have that same mp3 player, love it :cool:

Phrogger
05-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Ah great to hear! :) yeah the HP line is awsome. 'blows the ipod away.. i wonder why they were discontinued :crap: . thanks for the help

THX
05-02-2005, 05:22 PM
WMA has a lossless mode so if you really want top quality you don't *have* to stick to ogg.

g30ffr3y
05-02-2005, 05:42 PM
apple has "lossless" thank you...

HP acknowleged the ipod was superior
and so should everyone else... the HP
ipod mini and ipod shuffle will be out
either june 12 or july 3rd...

THX
05-03-2005, 12:45 AM

I knew that but he isn't going to get an ipod just for apple lossless. His HU works with wma lossless now. He'll probably stick with lossy Ogg (which is more than fine for what he's doing) and like the 2nd poster said since he's using aux input it'll work great.

MDDrew
05-03-2005, 04:49 AM

Hp also acknowleged that they make no money on these hp ipods either , 1st they dont sell (the HP ones) and then they are the exact same thing as and Apple Ipod. HP invent

dragonrage
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Thread revival!

Anyone know if any new products support Vorbis? I'd like to get a new Pioneer HU but I want Vorbis ****it.

mikey7182
01-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Holy God, that was almost 3 years old! :eek: Not sure of any HUs for ya. Sorry.