PDA

View Full Version : Need some more component helpHey guys

marley1
04-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Hey guys

Okay at first i was settled on 2005 Alpine TypeR the SPR-17LS model, and then in the rear the matching coaxials.

I listened to them at a demo room, and really liked them. I began asking people what htey thought and they said dont buy just because you liked them on the sound board. Then i asked Don(CDT Dealer) and he recommened the CDT CL or EF, but i have heard that lines below the HD lack midbass, which i want.

I have read the review on the last years Type-R from here

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0207cae_cuttingedge/

And they seemed to like them cept for hte tweeter, but the new crossover has an extra tweeter antentuaion(sp).

So i'm wondering if i will be making a big mistake.

My budget is 250 shipped for matching components and coaxials(that means same brand, same series).

I have 70x4 everything will be amped. Please dont suggest not running rear fill. I have ran rear fill in my first system, then following advice from a forum the next system had no rear fill, and i just didn't like it.

Doors will be deadoned or maybe not, depending on budget.

Thanks,
Dan

zachzchw
04-27-2005, 01:18 AM
How about just running rear fill off the head unit? Ive always read that thats the best way to go if you want to keep the rear fill. If you do that, you could get a better set of components, and stay within your budget.

marley1
04-27-2005, 10:22 AM
nah, i want everything ampped. i did all that stuff in my last system, and i always hated it, wished i just went with a 5 channel amp and components and rear fill.

squeak9798
04-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Which would you rather buy; A speaker you heard on the soundboard and liked, or a speaker you've never even heard??

;)

marley1
04-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Which would you rather buy; A speaker you heard on the soundboard and liked, or a speaker you've never even heard??

;)

lol i dunno. people say off the soundboard they will sound nothing liek that in your car so i dunno :(

I think i may just go for hte type-r

squeak9798
04-27-2005, 03:44 PM
lol i dunno. people say off the soundboard they will sound nothing liek that in your car so i dunno :(

Well, they are right. But, you're going to have that with any speaker. No speaker will sound better in a car than it will on the soundboard.

But, if you pick a comp set that you liked on the soundboard, then you know the speakers are capable of producing the type of sound you like ;) Then all you gotta do is set them up in your car to get as close to that performance as you can.

I think i may just go for hte type-r

If you liked them, go for it.

marley1
04-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah for hte price they seem pretty good.

Alpine is good company, i dont think i would be disapointed.

Seems like they match the power i have too.

70x4, to all Type R on all 4 doors. Should sound very nice and get loud too :)

HERETIC
04-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah for hte price they seem pretty good.

Alpine is good company, i dont think i would be disapointed.

Seems like they match the power i have too.

70x4, to all Type R on all 4 doors. Should sound very nice and get loud too :)

make sure they fit because those type r magnets are pretty big!!!

crhye250r
04-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I would definately check your doors for depth and everything..As heretic said, they type Rs are quite hefty.

marley1
04-27-2005, 06:30 PM
well i have the space

WJ Speaker opening depth (to glass): 2-7/8"

and they are Top Mount Depth: 2.511"

So should be fine.

Have u guys heard Polk DB series??