PDA

View Full Version : coax's in kicks?

~Magick_Man~
04-17-2005, 03:49 PM
i have a pair of infinity reference 6 1/2 2 way speakers that i used to have in my rear but when i got my front components i took them out.
so i was wondering would they be a good chioce to put in some kick panels?
or should i put them in my doors and put the mids from my kappa components in some kicks?

but for either of these how will being in a small sealed enclosure effect their sound.
from what i have heard most door speakers are designed for ib not sealed
if sealed is isnt recommended could i just leave the top corner open and basically vent the enclosure into my dash?

sorry for all the questions i just dont know :(

thanks in advance,
~Magick_Man~

~Magick_Man~
04-17-2005, 11:03 PM
anyone?

squeak9798
04-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't put the time and/or effort into building kicks for a set of co-axials.

ngsm13
04-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't put the time and/or effort into building kicks for a set of co-axials.

x2

Just use them as rear fill IF you feel the need...

NG

~Magick_Man~
04-19-2005, 04:54 AM
okay i see your point, since i already started making them would it be worth throwing the mids from my kappas in there?
and what about the other question, should i seal them or what.
i just dont know how they will perform in this small of a sealed enclosure.

thanks,
~Magick_Man~

audiolife
04-19-2005, 05:13 AM
if they were better coaxes i dont see why not though. i know of a few very awesome sq cars that used bostons pros as co ax the id chameleons and memphis multisyncs. also had good results with mtx 6000's and kove tiltable tweeter coaxes and diamod motorsports....might not be world class but definatly sounded better than doormounted components imho.

Exaran
04-19-2005, 06:46 PM
If you already have components up front in that car, why are you moving the Co-axes up front too?

I'd put the co-axes in another car that needs some new speaks, and put em in kicks. I dont see why kicks would be any better/worse for coaxes than for components.... It will still greatly help your imaging