PDA

View Full Version : basic cdt tweeter question...

slick rick
04-17-2005, 02:24 PM
have the cdt cl61a's with the 3/4" silk tweet. i was wondering if there is a way to take off the mesh grill? when i got them a year ago, i just stuck them onto my apillar because my car came with tweets in the a pillar. i took off the a pillar and noticed the tweeter was louder with it off so i figured by taking off the mesh grill on the tweet it would help out also. if this is possible can i do this without removing the tweet from the apillar? thanks guys.

squeak9798
04-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Don't do it. That mesh grill serves a functional purpose; protecting the tweeter from debris, etc that may damage the cone.

slick rick
04-17-2005, 02:29 PM
well in my maxima the apillars have a built in grille for the tweeters...the stock ones came with just the tweet and they worked fine. do you not think the stock "mesh" grille is suitable? i can take pix if you want.

slick rick
04-18-2005, 04:10 AM
http://plaza.ufl.edu/gator68/a%20pillar.JPG

heres a pic. so do i try to remove the cdt tweeter grills or just leave it as is because i wont notice a difference? there is NO WAY i am making any modification to the a pillar.

audiolife
04-18-2005, 04:19 AM
to pull the lil tweet grill off is very touchy on an easily damagable speaker it might make a lil diff but i dont think i have ever seen a waranty cover smashes and breaks be careful

ngsm13
04-18-2005, 04:34 AM
to pull the lil tweet grill off is very touchy on an easily damagable speaker it might make a lil diff but i dont think i have ever seen a waranty cover smashes and breaks be careful

Tis true, especially on the 3/4" CDT tweets...TINY...hard to handle carefully...

NG

boister77
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
if it fits with the grill, leave it on.