View Full Version : what are the best speakers money could buy

frodoentoby
04-14-2005, 05:28 PM
hi dear could you plaese tell me what are the best speakers money could buy
there is no maximum amount of money hope too here from you guys soon

greetz ricardo

FuNKieJuNK
04-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I think you'll find that there is no "best". Everyone has different tastes. Ultimately, the "best" speaker will be the one that sounds "best" to YOU.

Keeping that in mind, some of the more popular brands might be JL, Focal, BA, MB Quart, Rainbow to name a few...

Nikuk
04-14-2005, 06:04 PM
The best speakers to purchase are the ones that best fit Your acoustical needs and tastes. Sadly, You'll probably need to try a few arrangments before You're truely blissful.

What would You like from Your audio?

-Nick

zimmer82
04-14-2005, 06:09 PM
SEARCH BUTTON--atleast 4,579,279,045,265,678 other threads on this topic

Pineapple
04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
sony

Pineapple
04-14-2005, 06:55 PM
jk

JimJ
04-14-2005, 07:12 PM
There's a saying...amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics...

Novices study speakers...professionals study enclosures. :D

chefboyrlee
04-14-2005, 07:14 PM
hi dear could you plaese tell me what are the best speakers money could buy
there is no maximum amount of money hope too here from you guys soon

greetz ricardo

hi dear?

well sweetie, i'd say the most expensive ones are the best.

Expy2000
04-14-2005, 07:16 PM
The 10,000 dollar Rainbows..

audiolife
04-14-2005, 07:43 PM
you can get some $12k b and w tweets and their $7k brothered up mids (thinking they were 5.25") its been done already in a bmw motorized pods from the dash (these 2 pr) and 10's or 12 in subs in the kicks. it sounded pretty darn good from the driver seat but the passenger seat was a diff storry (it was biassed) but with 1 driver seat judge for georgia masters it won.

JimJ
04-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Were those dome or planar tweets?

For 12 grand, they better have been planar/ribbon transducers...

squeak9798
04-14-2005, 08:15 PM
you can get some $12k b and w tweets and their $7k brothered up mids (thinking they were 5.25") its been done already in a bmw motorized pods from the dash (these 2 pr) and 10's or 12 in subs in the kicks. it sounded pretty darn good from the driver seat but the passenger seat was a diff storry (it was biassed) but with 1 driver seat judge for georgia masters it won.

Would that be Earl Z.'s BMW, with the $15,000 B&W 15" subs in the kicks?

If so, I happened to stumble across my old AS&S that had the "how to" article on his kicks: http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/323229/18

smurf
04-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Honestly is all that money for equipment really worth it? I mean honestly there cant be much of an audible difference.

analogkid
04-14-2005, 10:58 PM
funky pup is coming out with a line of components to compliment their already amazing line of subs. definetly something to include into the purchase options.

frodoentoby
04-15-2005, 01:32 AM
oke too give a exsample ad home i have jm labs grand utopia be for stereo
and ad our home cinema we have speakers from b&w butt the dont make car speakers
right ?

greetz ricardo

audiolife
04-15-2005, 09:09 AM
from the driver seat that car was incredible i heard it from both seats. oh and richard clark has a few speakers as well. dunno the costs of any but the mtx power 1000000 is like 60k

req
04-15-2005, 09:36 AM
id rather take that $10,000 build a system for $5,000 that would put everyone to shame, and then send REQ the other $5,000.

seriously. hell. ill fly down to wherever you are and do it all for you for a few bucks+plane ticket for my girl and I

would be fun :)

audiolife
04-15-2005, 09:56 AM
lol from the driver seat i bet you'd lose . that was an insanely sick car. one of the few that makes me remember it. one thing i will say is just when you think your system is great you go to a big show and listen to a few well known guys cars/trucks like mark elderidge's you wont think your system is that great anymore lol. imaging i coulda given him a run for his money but tonally those cars are insane. alot of those vehicles put to shame many hi end home set ups 20-100k type home set ups.

squeak9798
04-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Never heard Mark Elderidge's truck personally....but I've had people tell me that it's imaging extends about 50 feet beyond the hood of the vehicle.........

audiolife
04-15-2005, 10:44 AM
i wouldnt say that but it no way sounds like a car stereo at all. its like perfect. even alot of the high end finals cars that trophy dont even stack up. its like it has no signature to what it is and and in audio sound id say thats about as complimentary as you can get. another car i remember well is the mac caddy (larry chisner (i know i hacked the spelling but that is how its pronounced) that was really sweet too especially for having so many front stage speakers

req
04-15-2005, 10:56 AM
so why are there never any pictures of these cars?

or anything at all about these guys?

pisses me off all i can ever do is hear rumors about this stuff.

this truck?? :crap:
http://www.jbl.com/car/featured/installs/4-runner.asp

Echo42987
04-15-2005, 11:04 AM
oke too give a exsample ad home i have jm labs grand utopia be for stereo
and ad our home cinema we have speakers from b&w butt the dont make car speakers
right ?

greetz ricardo

Uh Do you know how to speak english!?

audiolife
04-15-2005, 11:32 AM

pisses me off all i can ever do is hear rumors about this stuff.

this truck?? :crap:
http://www.jbl.com/car/featured/installs/4-runner.asp
yup most of it is achieved im sure around the net. another guy i met was jerry zieggler (spell check last name) he had a fat honda crx all image dynamics that won a finals or 2 he used to live around here then moved to lexington kentucky and got wild with some odr lol

squeak9798
04-15-2005, 11:35 AM

Then you are not looking in the right places ;) They are all over carsound and ECA, both their names, "rumors" of installs, as well as themselves posting on the forums.

But, you'll almost never see any "real" pics of their installs, as it's basically a trade secret. They might show you some, but not everything

req
04-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Then you are not looking in the right places ;) They are all over carsound and ECA, both their names, "rumors" of installs, as well as themselves posting on the forums.

But, you'll almost never see any "real" pics of their installs, as it's basically a trade secret. They might show you some, but not everything

but if i went and met them id see it first hand? *sigh*

ive also only been doing this for a year and i dont know the 'names' on the scene, so i dont really know what to search for :p:

smurf
04-15-2005, 11:44 AM
quite a few posts for only a year, lol.

3.5Max6spd
04-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Uh Do you know how to speak english!?

Uh..whats with being a prick....he's from another country....Holland, trying his best- i understand'm just fine

squeak9798
04-15-2005, 11:58 AM

Maybe, maybe not ;)

audiolife
04-15-2005, 11:58 AM

ive also only been doing this for a year and i dont know the 'names' on the scene, so i dont really know what to search for :p:
i heard mark's 4 runner as mtx and kicker as well as a few other kicker cars ..... that is also i know that kicker solobarics can sound really really good...personally a l7 10 is really hard to beat in sq when done right. there are alot of people from the golden age of iasca namely the pj's autosound guys from erie pennsylvania. i dont think the original guys are around ( they had a line called pro tech) they actually helped on the perfect 40 car and thats how i met them.

as to "seeing" everything i know they wont tell all their secrets and show every peice that helps but they are for the most part very cool and informative. you hear a few idiots spew off at the shows that such and such cheats or isnt "cool" but those people are so shallow to judge people willing to show them even parts of there multi multi multi thousand dollar systems that they literally have years in developing. if you catch some of the pro guys at a bad time they seem like jerks too but you gotta remember everyone needs space and after 10000000 questions from 1000000 people and you are getting ready to be judged in your lane the owners of these cars have stuff they GOTTA get done.

req
04-15-2005, 12:02 PM
i wish i could have done all the crap you have audiolife :(

Kali77
04-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Uh..whats with being a prick....he's from another country....Holland, trying his best- i understand'm just fine

X2 I was just getting ready to post something along the same lines :uhoh: That was a very unecessary cooment!!

Kali

squeak9798
04-15-2005, 12:06 PM
I wish they brought back monetary awards for competition wins :( I'd be all over competing.....but with little to no reimbursement, I simply can't afford it.

Man, we hi-jacked this thread http://www.splbassx.com/forums/html/emoticons/myhijacked2.gif

audiolife
04-15-2005, 12:09 PM
lol dood imma newb compared to alot of these guys. when some of them see me they basically ask me where kirk is lol. this is from 4-8 years ago and i helped run a manufacturer booth at usac finals a few times after i competed. lol avalon sound werks lol ....company went under but their model won the bikini contest easy... woot woot lol and to top that off she was from nebraska!!! aint no woman in indiana i have EVER seen look like that!

TOd3sEnG3L
04-15-2005, 12:16 PM
I think you'll find that there is no "best". Everyone has different tastes. Ultimately, the "best" speaker will be the one that sounds "best" to YOU.

Keeping that in mind, some of the more popular brands might be JL, Focal, BA, MB Quart, Rainbow to name a few...
you forgot RE :)

audiolife
04-15-2005, 12:20 PM
re components?

TOd3sEnG3L
04-15-2005, 12:28 PM
re components?
... :blush: didn't read the topic very well

audiolife
04-15-2005, 12:44 PM
subs are ok to be mentioned

xchaosx
04-15-2005, 02:17 PM
X2 I was just getting ready to post something along the same lines :uhoh: That was a very unecessary cooment!!

Kali

always atleast one **** in every crowd

xchaosx
04-15-2005, 02:20 PM
yea i was at a few iasca shows i was inthe drag lanes but i went over to check out the SQ comps and most of the stuff over there was truely amazing now iasca doesn't come around in my area

frodoentoby
04-16-2005, 03:36 AM
hi guys so i have listen yesterday too alot of speakers component sets and i made my decision an i have bought the focal utopia no7 3 way for up front and the 2 way in the back i have bought those focals because you could run them active so i thank you for this
topic

greetz ricardo

audiolife
04-16-2005, 03:40 AM
:) cool hope you enjoy them