PDA

View Full Version : 3 way comp set up

chefboyrlee
04-13-2005, 01:52 AM
ok my friend is about to do a system in his 2 door bmw 3 series.
i guess the front oem speakers are 5.25 and the rear has 6.5.
im a newb but he's an uber newb so, basically blind leading the blind here lol.
hes goin for sq.
now my question is, theoretically, would it f up his sound "blending" if he got a good set of 5.25 components (diamond, rainbow, focal, etc....) in the front and dedicated some good midbass 6.5 drivers in the rear (6.5 xxx). would the distance between the mid bass and the mid/high fronts result in an akward sound stage? this will be stage 1 and stage 2 he's going to add a 10w7 sealed.

chefboyrlee
04-13-2005, 01:56 AM
if this is a bad idea, i'm gonna convince him to go with a good set of comps up front coax in the back...standard stuff.
ppl with new body styled 3 series experience, can 6.5 fit in the door? or will a custom baffle need to be made. i'm wondering if the HEX will fit, being that they are only 6.0 inches.

JAZN
04-13-2005, 02:08 AM
it would be bad to put the xxxs in the back and a total waste.

audiolife
04-13-2005, 02:11 AM
i wouldnt even do rear fill totally totally worthless some will argue i know but put in a test cd and you will see. the level you would have to run them it almost makes them worthless

chefboyrlee
04-13-2005, 02:21 AM
im trying to tell him not to put any rear, especially with the size of his car.
but again, in this case, it's not rear fill, its mid bass. but i'm wondering, if the mid bass will get drowned out once he puts the subs in the rear? and will the seperation of the mid bass from the midhigh/high fronts sound weird.
but i like the rear fill in my car. for ppl sitting in the back, 2 12sx pounding away aint no fun, if you cant hear any music to go with it. i think of the rear seat sounds in my car as "headphones" kinda balanced with no front stage. and sitting shotty is being live at the show ;)

JAZN
04-13-2005, 02:35 AM
midbass is supposed to be in the front. if he wants rearfill, keep the stocks or get some coaxials.

audiolife
04-13-2005, 02:41 AM
his components should give decent mid bass maybe only a 5.25 but from what he is looking at it wouldnt be that hard to get good sound. i had a set of avi 5.25 midbasses that kept up with my horns amazingly well