PDA

View Full Version : Back to searching for comps

shltplease
04-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I previously ordered some JL XR650 CSi's. However they are back ordered and have no idea when they will be in.

The setup:
Chevy Silverado ext cab
Factory Delco head unit
Audio Control LC6
JL 250/1 -> JL 10w3
JL 300/4 -> Infinity Kappa 4x6 (rear) & what for the front door.

Now I am on the hunt for front components again. Budget = under $250. 75watts RMS with the potential of 150watts if I decide the 4x6's are too much in the rear. 6.5" mids & 1" tweets (or so) both going in the front doors. I really liked the sound of the JL's when I went to listen to them at the JL dealer even though they are aluminum. Now that being said, I seem to like a softer tweeter rather than harsh metalic sounding when they are installed. Don't know if this is a setup problem in the vehicles I've heard or what. I am looking for very solid smooth mids to compliment my sub. I listen to bass/mid heavy rock like Primus, Ween, Tool, Soul Coughing, Morphine as well as classic rock and some rap now and again. Opinions please. Thanks in advance.

audiolife
04-12-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=list&category=DLS%3BComponent%20Speakers dls at good prices here..i know there are dealers on here as well

squeak9798
04-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Do a search for "$250 comps" or something similar :)

Look into Rainbow, Focal, MB Quart, Boston Acoustics, Arc Audio, DLS, Alpine, etc.