PDA

View Full Version : speakers r progressing

PV Audio
04-09-2005, 11:40 PM
ok heres an update thread. the first speaker is done, but i didn't cut it right so not all the lines matched up perfectly. none the less, i used a whole lotta silicone so that there's no air leaks, and its good to go. now all i have to do is re-draw the 2nd speaker on the mdf, cut it, and then have more fun wiring it up!!!

JimJ
04-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Pics?

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 01:50 AM
lol jim, we have discussed this in many a thread. i do not own a digital camera, as i do not believe in digital photography (unless it is a DSLR and i am getting a killer deal on a 10d)

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 01:51 AM
oh, and i drew everything out by now, 2maro is just another cutting and assembly day! WOOT! i hope these piece of **** cones sound decent.

JimJ
04-10-2005, 02:58 AM
How are you finishing the enclosures?

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 03:02 AM
How are you finishing the enclosures?
lemans and finishing do not go together. if it sounds great and looks like ****, good. otherwise, nothing else matters. to give u an idea as to how i do things, after i filled in my grandfather's cabinets with the goldwood and hi vi drivers, the imaging was horrendous. it sounded like the songs were playing through a straw. i got on the ground and it sounded wonderful. i decided i needed speaker stands. so i went out and got some, and my mom went into my room and started yelling like a mofo. my idea of the sufficient speaker stand was an 18'' tall white paint bucket with CUIDADO! LEE LA INFORMACION on the side :D . needless to say, when i came home from school the next day, i had wood stands. i also have speakers made out put paper buckets and cardboard baffles from shipping boxes (no vibes, its dampened). :D :D :D

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 03:29 AM
oh **** i think i'm ****ed. i ran all the positive woofer wires directly to the positive hook and all negs to the the negative area....should i 've wired them up (series/parallel) or am i ok?

JimJ
04-10-2005, 03:34 AM
What impedance drivers, what impedance is your amp stable to...

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 03:37 AM
What impedance drivers, what impedance is your amp stable to...
each woofer is a 8 ohm, tweeter is a 6 ohm, stable down to 4 ohm

JimJ
04-10-2005, 03:40 AM
So wire the woofers in parallel...no biggie there.

Acidburn
04-10-2005, 03:53 AM
if you make one more post like this without pics i swear to jesus im deleting it

;)

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 11:42 AM
So wire the woofers in parallel...no biggie there.
i can't figure out the impedance right now, what would it be? the one in question is already finished and screwed together

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 11:42 AM
if you make one more post like this without pics i swear to jesus im deleting it

;)
I DO NOT HAVE A DIGI CAM

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 12:12 PM
someoen needs to help me out with this before i hook them up!

PV Audio
04-10-2005, 01:07 PM
nm my dad looked it over and its alright

PV Audio
04-11-2005, 12:28 AM
ok i have got them finished and hooked up (about 2 hrs later heh), and all i can say is why the ****. why the **** did i pay 100 bucks (retailing close to 350) for some ****ing advent towers, when my 35 dollar TOTAL DIY speakers are 2x as good. my neighbor, who ****ing builds speakers for ****ing money was amazed. i switched between A (DIY) and B (Advent) on my speaker selector, and after 20 secs he said, A hands down. i made him put his ear to the advent and obviously there was no audio, then the DIYs and he couldn't even believe it. (sry about grammar) I still got the design around here if anyone wants it, theyre fairly large though (about the size of many prosound speakers).