PDA

View Full Version : ABC Box

bcarpenterfhl
04-08-2005, 01:54 AM
sorry about the double pos, but no one from the box building thread can seem to help me.

I have a POS unused audiobahn 12 inch dub series lying around, and am interested in fooling a round with an ABC box to put it in. What should i tune to?? Any tips/advice? The only reason i'm doing this is to have a new project to work on and familiarize myself with a new box type.

any advice/suggestions would be awsome.

bcarpenterfhl
04-08-2005, 02:12 AM
anyone?

Beat_Dominator
04-08-2005, 03:02 AM
Steal my idea why don't ya! :-P

bcarpenterfhl
04-08-2005, 05:40 PM
bumped...c'mon now, some of you have to have some idea,

PV Audio
04-08-2005, 05:43 PM
you make people pay you for box designs but you can't design a box :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bcarpenterfhl
04-08-2005, 05:47 PM
i design boxes for car audio douche bag. i know what tuning is optimal for a car setting. but a room is an entirely different acoustical environment. if you read my first post, you would've seen that i said i was trying to familiarize myself with a new box type. any ******* can figure out that if i want to familiarize myself with something, then i'm not yet familiar with it. all i asked was for some advice, not your smart ***/retarded remarks.

if you design home speaker enclosures, then contribute to the forum, and suggest something.

cjjackson85
04-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Here's some good info on ABC boxes http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=064764

bcarpenterfhl
04-08-2005, 05:56 PM
yea i've already seen that. i completely understand that concept of the ABC box and how to design and build one. really, i just want to know what i should tune the driver's chamber to, and if i should follow the suggestion of doubling the recommended ported enclosure volume, even if its for home audio. i'm also looking for suggestions like which direction i should point the driver and port.

PV Audio
04-08-2005, 06:04 PM
i design boxes for car audio douche bag. i know what tuning is optimal for a car setting. but a room is an entirely different acoustical environment. if you read my first post, you would've seen that i said i was trying to familiarize myself with a new box type. any ******* can figure out that if i want to familiarize myself with something, then i'm not yet familiar with it. all i asked was for some advice, not your smart ***/retarded remarks.

if you design home speaker enclosures, then contribute to the forum, and suggest something.
well ur always an *** to me, so i thought i'd return the favor ;)

bcarpenterfhl
04-08-2005, 06:06 PM
well ur always an *** to me, so i thought i'd return the favor ;)

hey weren't you trying to get yourself banned or something? how did that go? if you need any help with that, a referall to the admin or something, i would be mroe than pleased to help you out.

any how, back to the topic.

Beat_Dominator
04-08-2005, 06:59 PM
From what I have seen, for home use you need to tune as low as possible because there is no "cabin gain" in a room. So you want the next octave to get you higher then you would typically have large floor standing speakers in a high end HT setup that would handle the 50+hz range.