PDA

View Full Version : Port Help...

SurgicaL
04-07-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm in the process of building a fiberglass enclosure to port a 13Ov2.
I'm a noob when it comes to port calculators and such.
I have no idea what it should be tuned to etc.
The BIGGEST this enclosure can be is 1.9-2.0 cf....so take away the port/sub displacement from that.
I listen to rock/metal. (prefer SQL tuning)
Sub specs are here
http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=2&pid=20&tab=Specs&cur=USD
Also, for cosmetic reasons, I would prefer to make the enclosure with 2 functional smaller ports vice one bigger one (with a fake one on the other side to match), but whichever is easier, I can do.
Anyone wanna plug some values for me and give me the details on round port size?
TIA

DBfan187
04-07-2005, 10:40 PM
From your info, stay sealed. You don't have enough volume to port.

SurgicaL
04-07-2005, 10:47 PM
How much more would it take?
Ed's site recommends 1.2-1.5 for ported....so using the lower level, 1.2, .8 cf wont be enough for port/sub displacement?

SurgicaL
04-08-2005, 04:29 PM
bump...
I have played with winisd and bassbox pro 6, and every time I input values I come up with different numbers. I'm also getting crazy port sizes...like a 6" round port thats 5 feet long.
This enclosure is already in progress, and the port will have to be constructed very soon, and I dont want to spend 20+ hours+materials constructing an enclosure, and have it be off....
someone help!

bcarpenterfhl
04-08-2005, 05:34 PM
what are the dimensions of the box you already built? what is your subs displacement? and what diameter port are you plannning on using?

reply soon, and i'll help you out.