PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Hiss

FuNKieJuNK
04-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm noticing a bit of hissing coming out of my speakers. The hissing noise is pretty much constant, so I only hear it at low volume. When I crank it up, the hissing gets drowned out by the music. I notice this when playing my CDs (haven't checked the radio yet). The hiss isn't too bad, and I don't think most people pick up on it. It's just that i'm in the car all the time, plus my ears tend to be pretty good, so it's easier for me to pick it out. But I was just wonering if this was at all normal? Or if I'm getting noise from somewhere?

BTW, pio 740mp head unit, with jl300/4 amp and jl XR components.

Berry47
04-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Most likely electro magnetic interference. It is caused by a slight change in magnetic field be having a current flow next to a wire. I have a very similar problem on my wife's sebring. When the headlights get turned on there is an audible lvl of hiss.

Sleeklsc
04-07-2005, 10:09 PM
my alpine has done that in 2 different cars...i think it might of been because i fried my remote wire...idk??
but when i did have it hooked up, if i was blasting it at high volumes and turned it down to say 4 the hiss would apear and usually dissapear shortly after....it had a mind of its own

FuNKieJuNK
04-08-2005, 11:21 AM
my alpine has done that in 2 different cars...i think it might of been because i fried my remote wire...idk??
but when i did have it hooked up, if i was blasting it at high volumes and turned it down to say 4 the hiss would apear and usually dissapear shortly after....it had a mind of its own

hmm... did it happen with just CDs or Radio too? I tried listening for the hiss on the radio, but couldn't really hear it. So it's almost like the head unit might be picking up noise when it physically reads the CD...

squeak9798
04-08-2005, 12:12 PM
If it is only there when listening to a CD, then it sounds like a problem within the unit itself. I'd take it back and have it looked at by a service tech