PDA

View Full Version : CDT HD-62 Review

SurgicaL
04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
About a month ago I bought the CDT EF-61CFi/25...installed them along with
2 layers of eDead SE. I was extremely impressed with them right out of the box with a flat EQ.
Great TIGHT accurate and "snappy" midbass. When a snare would hit at high volumes it would **** near make you flinch.

A friend heard them, and offered me $275 to install them in his car, and use the little bit of leftover deadening I had. Crazy me, already having reserves about not getting the HD's I took him up on the offer, and ordered the HD's

So , I added a bit more deadening, and installed them yesterday.

As far as the midbass goes, its definately more than the EF's, but it does seem a tad on the "boomy" side....definately not snapping and popping like the EF's were. Ive played with the EQ for hours, and cant get them to sound like the EF's.

The HD's seem muddy and very mild/laid back compared to the EF's...I dont know what it is, and I have gone over EVERYTHING and I cant figure out why These HD's dont impress the hell out of me like the EF's did.

At higher volumes, the mids kept bottoming out.....so I moved the crossover to about 110 hz....and only at 110+ do they not bottom out at full power.
I set all the gains with a scope and test tone....
I am powering them with 200x2 from a Diamond D3 400.4 amp.

As of right now, I want my freaking EF-61CFi/25's back :(

Any ideas? Suggestions? Things to try?

Jasper
04-06-2005, 11:10 PM
. . . is that you James? jesus...i keep finding you

heh, i say you do like i did, and upgrade to EuroSports :)

Johnny Drama
04-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Baffles ;)

Berry47
04-07-2005, 10:50 AM
My Hd-62cf's loved having baffles behind them.

SurgicaL
04-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Baffles?
Im not really complaining about a lack of midbass.....the midbass is there....but at high volumes they bottom out when crossed lower than 110 or so. My issue is with the treble/muffled sound they have compared to the sharpness of the EF's

As fas as the ES line, well I'm not goign to spend $600 on a set of components, and from what I have heard the ES line actually has less midbass than the HD's, and are geared more toward SQ. I'd be willing to bet that the ES's are way too laid back for me.