PDA

View Full Version : help sealing sub in box

LightningStryk7
04-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey guys im gonna build a sealed box for an alpine Type R i just ordered today. I understand how to do it all. Ive built a double box with a friend before. I just need to know if weather stripping is the best to use around where u put the sub in. Or if theres something else u can buy? or do I even need weather stripping? I'm thinking yes on the second one. I looked at those Qlogic boxes and they coem with weird rings... that supposedly act like a sealent thing. Any thoughts or ideas on how to seal it up well?

bcarpenterfhl
04-04-2005, 12:19 AM
a lot of subs come with a foam ring you stick around the hole.

LightningStryk7
04-04-2005, 12:24 AM
o alright cooly... cause my current subs are cheapo mtx road thunders.. apparently they didnt come with any :crazy:

SPL140.2
04-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey guys im gonna build a sealed box for an alpine Type R i just ordered today. I understand how to do it all. Ive built a double box with a friend before. I just need to know if weather stripping is the best to use around where u put the sub in. Or if theres something else u can buy? or do I even need weather stripping? I'm thinking yes on the second one. I looked at those Qlogic boxes and they coem with weird rings... that supposedly act like a sealent thing. Any thoughts or ideas on how to seal it up well?

Weather stripping would work probably 1/4". But when i had a sealed setup I never used it. Box was still air tight. :D

LightningStryk7
04-04-2005, 12:28 AM
alright then.. Ill check for those rings.. if the sub doenst come with one then i think ill still do weather stripping because if i find out its not air tight i dont want to have to do xtra work and take my sub off and then weather strip and put it back on.

nismboy6986
04-04-2005, 11:31 AM
the accesories a sub comes with has nothing to do with price. the sony xplod 10" i had for my bs system came with screws and a complete gasket. my idmax didn't come with screw and i had to piece together the gasket. after removing it a couple of times to do work on boxes, switch to another box ect. it came apart. it also got squished so thin it seams useless.

tRiGgEr
04-04-2005, 11:33 AM
What do you mean double box???

cobra133
04-04-2005, 06:05 PM
two subs in one box

Spkrman
04-04-2005, 07:32 PM
if you cut the hole properly, you should have no sealing issues.