PDA

View Full Version : Will I be ok with just HU Xover?

Warren G
04-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, gotta redo my speakers. I dont have any passive active xover and dont have any room for an active xover for my comp set. Is it ok if I just use my pioneer 860mp hu for the xover? Im using the network settings so I have the low/mid/high rca outputs.

promo2000
04-03-2005, 11:07 PM
It is 100% safe, it is ment to be like that, if you have a premier HU and you are not using it like that, you wasted your money!!!!
I used to have an old P1R, guys around know that HU rocks, it was one of the first pioneer HU to have that in 1999, it has the most exact Xover! USE IT!

;)

Warren G
04-16-2005, 09:17 PM
wait, wouldnt I need a passive to separate the freqs for the tweeters and mids? currently have a 2 channel amp that'll be powering my mids and tweets.

squeak9798
04-17-2005, 03:12 AM
wait, wouldnt I need a passive to separate the freqs for the tweeters and mids?

Not if you were going to use the 860's internal xover to crossover the speakers (i.e. highpass the tweeter and bandpass the mid). However, it would require that you have one channel per speaker (i.e. you'd need a 4-channel amp).

currently have a 2 channel amp that'll be powering my mids and tweets.

Then you can not use the HU's internal xover to split the frequencies between the mid and tweeter.

audiolife
04-17-2005, 03:30 AM
man i like just hookin speakers up and using the force to cross them over..... lol