PDA

View Full Version : need suggestions on coax for land cruiser

nmcclure
04-03-2005, 01:52 PM
First post btw, spent 4 hours reading last night, still need suggestions.

ok, well my stock jbl's blew so I have decided to replace them. In doing so , I also decided to replace the stock head unit. I have ordered alpine 9853. What i am looking for now, is coax's in 6 1/2 that I can run off the head unit. I thought about the cdt's, but in reading people said not up front. I'm not looking to add components because well, i dont want to add an amp to run them and I dont want to drop too much money, because being in the army, i dont exactly know what my future looks like. I'm not big into booming base, i would prefer clear definition if I had to choose. I will be installing a kicker 250.2 on 13w3v2 that I removed from a past vehicle and had sitting. What should I be looking for?

elduderino
04-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, depending on the year LC you ahve, I think they used a Pana speaker with a neo magnet that is ultra.small - so you may be physically limited. Kenwood has a set of "higher"-end speaks with the neo mags that sound very good for KW and very good for a speaker that will fit there.

If you don't have that limitation then it's a different, easier situation. Look up your car on the Crutchfield vehicle db.

nmcclure
04-03-2005, 05:21 PM
its an '01 , i checked on crutchfield and they "have no known information" on my vehicle

Dj-torn
04-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Circuitcity.com What fits Toyota Land Cruiser '01 (http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/categorylist.do?c=1&mobileFitAction=seeWhatFits&carId=&year=2001&make=TOYOTA&model=LANDCRUISER&type=4DR+SUV&trim=&carFilter=true&c=1&catOid=-13092&N=20013088+20013092)

CarDomain.com speakers for a '01 Toyota LC (http://www.cardomain.com/shop/list.pl?type_plural=2-Way+Speakers&x=27&y=10)

In My Opinion, If you are not looking to spend much money i would go with pioneer 3 way 6.5". I installed them in my friends rear deck of his car, and ran them off the HU and sound really good , for the setup. Ebay, Sounddomain, are a good place to look for cheap speakers.