PDA

View Full Version : CDT EF or DLS UP6

macbethpoe
04-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Ok what I want out of a speaker is very very clean sound. I listen to metal and rock so they have all of those simbal hits and such, so I want the tweeter to be nice and clean but not very harsh. And the mids I want to be able to be very loud and clean without distortion. So which ones out of these two would be a better choice. They are around the same price as well.

00GREENMACHINE
04-01-2005, 07:36 PM
i believe if you are looking for a more smooth clean sound you will want to go with a set of tweeters that are silk dome.

Speedyd718
04-02-2005, 12:40 AM
hey i love my cdt ef's with 180w a piece from the zapco using the symbilink balanced rca cable and new eclipse deck. as clean as can be.

Ti22
04-02-2005, 01:43 PM
I love my EF-61's, the tweet is perfect not too harsh like metal tweets, silk is the way to go! The mids are so loud, I love these components. If you want these go through djdilliodon, just pm him and see what he can do.

GCAdidas13
04-02-2005, 04:41 PM
my DLS UR6 are hella nice. I have them in kicks, though... they sound 10x better in kicks vs. IB.

i haven't heard the CDT EF's

but i would assume that if you are going sealed, get DLS UP6, if infinite baffle (in-door not sealed) get CDT EF.

nosaj070
04-02-2005, 06:49 PM
i haven't heard the CDT EF's

but i would assume that if you are going sealed, get DLS UP6, if infinite baffle (in-door not sealed) get CDT EF.

Thats a big statement. Considering you havn't heard both, and I have a feeling you aren't experienced to say one is better sealed than IB. It could have been a thousand reasons why they didn't sound good in the door.

Basically don't choose between these speaekrs basedon their location.

macbethpoe
04-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Thats a big statement. Considering you havn't heard both, and I have a feeling you aren't experienced to say one is better sealed than IB. It could have been a thousand reasons why they didn't sound good in the door.

Basically don't choose between these speaekrs basedon their location.

I have heard the same things from someone else and I can assure you his word is experienced.

iceteebone
04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
i've had ef's and the dls c6's (entry level) and the dls's were very impressive. i would imagine that the higher end of dls would be as good if not better then the c6, so i would personally go for the dls. the tweeters were pretty much a draw on both sets but the midbass was better on the dls vs. the cdt. both were in a half-assed deadened door.

ighettoboyi
04-05-2005, 12:11 AM
icetee, so did you replace the CDTs? How much power did you run to both sets?