03-31-2005, 11:35 PM
Not sure if this has been posted or its old news

http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=187

I love a nice trans am , as well as a smokin SVT cobra
But this guy is out of line ,

Comments ? :laugh: :laugh: :spank:

analogkid
04-01-2005, 01:39 AM
trans ams arent pieces of ****. that guy didnt spend what he said he did. thats all i know. but it is funny how they wanna race him soooo bad. they are trying to get next to a chevy motored car. next they will want to be in one.

psycho72
04-01-2005, 02:37 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm I love cobras. And the guy with the TA is a dork. Man if he spends that kind of money on that car it should be running high 6's. You could do so much stuff with that kind of cash. And it's not even a ws6. And where the hell are the stereos........1 second is not worth no stereo!!!!

Johnny Drama
04-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I say run them!!!!! Make sure I am around to see it :D

bonesninja
04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
all i can say is chris got owned.

Berry47
04-06-2005, 08:01 PM
trans ams arent pieces of ****. that guy didnt spend what he said he did. thats all i know. but it is funny how they wanna race him soooo bad. they are trying to get next to a chevy motored car. next they will want to be in one.

I'm sorry but as an employee at a auto parts store you are quite wrong. F body GM products although fast, are complete peices of junk and should be destroyed. THe only thing chevy has ever made worth buying is the standard 350 with carbs.

One of my co-workers has a 3.4 liter camero and everything on the car except for the wiring and sensors is new. Everything.....And now his sensors are going out.

The LT1 is a horrificly designed motor. when the water pump goes out it takes ignition system with it. Why would any engineer mount a leak prone water pump above the ignition system on a vechile I do not know....

Maybe next year I can work for GM and help with the reliability department.....

Bluntman420
04-08-2005, 04:41 AM
I'm sorry but as an employee at a auto parts store you are quite wrong. F body GM products although fast, are complete peices of junk and should be destroyed. THe only thing chevy has ever made worth buying is the standard 350 with carbs.

One of my co-workers has a 3.4 liter camero and everything on the car except for the wiring and sensors is new. Everything.....And now his sensors are going out.

The LT1 is a horrificly designed motor. when the water pump goes out it takes ignition system with it. Why would any engineer mount a leak prone water pump above the ignition system on a vechile I do not know....

Maybe next year I can work for GM and help with the reliability department.....
analog :slap: owned!!....lol

jujumantb
04-08-2005, 04:46 AM
What an ******* to make a huge video to "diss" or "own" another guy... jesus...

cjjackson85
04-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Maybe he forgot where he parked his car. Dude, where's my car?

AznRevlAzn
04-08-2005, 08:22 AM
ahaha thats great, he never comes out lol.

Expy2000
04-08-2005, 08:36 AM
That Chris guy should have bought an LS1 TT kit for 10g, would have been a better investment..

That stang never would have touched him..

IMO

WheresTheButta
04-09-2005, 12:23 AM
That Chris guy should have bought an LS1 TT kit for 10g, would have been a better investment..

That stang never would have touched him..

IMO

I beg to differ. Notice the nitrous tank in the trunk of the cobra?
I'll bet money his listed HP number is without that spray. I have a feeling it's a 250 hp shot. on top of the 650+ rwhp he's packin

Expy2000
04-09-2005, 12:28 AM
and what you cant fire a 175 shot a TT Vette?

WheresTheButta
04-09-2005, 12:50 AM
it's not a vette
if it was a vette, he'd win.
vette is more aerodynamic, lighter, launches better, and is all around sexier.
my friend's dad owns cartek, they mod vettes, and hold the national record for 1/4 mile with a head/cam only vette. I think it was 11.27 if I remember correctly. That's head/cam ONLY, no power adders whatsoever, no increased compression, no modded fuel system. 670 hp on the dyno @8,000 rpm

to further add to my case for the mustang though, the cobra is over $10,000 less in base price. Swap for KB charger, throw an exhaust on there, pwn stock vette having spent the same amount of money. The dohc v8 in the cobra just loves forced induction, it eats up boost very efficiently.

WheresTheButta
04-09-2005, 12:53 AM
oh, and to clarify, the head/cam vette had a full offroad exhaust.
the engine was untouched other than the head/cam mods, but the exhaust further squeezed more efficiency from that package.

Expy2000
04-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Last thing I remember Cartek was running 10s on the H/C kits only...

WheresTheButta
04-10-2005, 03:38 AM
low 10's but thats with slicks

z28
04-16-2005, 07:28 PM
chevys aren't ******. my lt1 has 140k miles on it and still running like a champion.

WheresTheButta
04-16-2005, 09:48 PM
nobody said they were ****** =)
I just said the 03/04 mustang cobra is a better value than the c5 vette.
tied with the z06 in all tests for value

MSSOKC
04-19-2005, 03:55 PM
That 20/20 story was VERY well edited. Notice that big garage? I haven't seen many apts. that come with that kind of garage. Also, when he was quoted about how much he's spend, he was talking about 3 different cars that he has, not just the T/A. Don't believe everything that you see on the media.

marleyskater420
04-22-2005, 02:34 AM
nobody said they were ****** =)
I just said the 03/04 mustang cobra is a better value than the c5 vette.
tied with the z06 in all tests for value

The stock Z06 can run an 11.9, completely stock. How does that tie the 03-04 cobra?

Itll be faster,handle better,and thuroughly own it.

WheresTheButta
04-22-2005, 04:15 PM
which stock z06 are you talking about marley?
the NEW z06 with the 500 hp will do an 11 perhaps.
(and you'd need a **** good driver to pull that off)
I'm talking about the z06 of last year, same as the cobra mustang of last year.
a z06 costs about $10,000 more than the stang... for that money you can get the KB or whipple charger swap, with a new crank (6k) and toss in a full steeda race suspension (4k).
if we were talking about the z06 and cobra mustang that are coming out soon, both have 500 hp, and the z06 price is now up to $75,000 sticker.... tell me that's value?

with that said, I do like the corvettes... just sad that they're out of most people's price range. If they kept the price on the new 400 hp vette down, it would have been the best $/performance value out there.

WheresTheButta
04-22-2005, 06:06 PM
no responsed huh
lol I know this changed the direction of the thread a bit

WheresTheButta
04-22-2005, 06:08 PM
btw, dont get the wrong idea, I <3 GM motors..... my dad has a new GTO - it's f*cking sick....
400 hp and the interior is more comfortable than my mom's infinity qx4

RandyJ
04-24-2005, 04:02 PM
i think no one pays any attention to this thread anymore is why there were no more responses. Anyways, the other guy got owned, apperantly, Chris or whatever his name is, was at dinner with friends and family, and these guys went out why he was still finishing his meal, knowing he wouldnt come out because of that reason. This other guy got pwnt HARD, ill post the vid here and in another thread.

Their response to this video: http://www.itlxlr8.com/vids/Johnbacksdown.wmv

Expy2000
04-24-2005, 04:06 PM
... what was he saying get out of the car for..

all three of those dude looked scared...

puzzies...

:)

WheresTheButta
04-24-2005, 08:17 PM
wtf was that about.
makes me sad to see someone disgrace the mustang crowd like that
even if he thought he'd lose - gotta man up and back your challenges =)
I lose all the time but at least I give it what i've got.
too bad I dont have money to blow... I'd actually have the balls to race
(assuming I could afford hospital bills too lol..... crashing at 190 mph probably hurts)

marleyskater420
04-24-2005, 09:32 PM
a z06 costs about $10,000 more than the stang... for that money you can get the KB or whipple charger swap, with a new crank (6k) and toss in a full steeda race suspension (4k).
if we were talking about the z06 and cobra mustang that are coming out soon, both have 500 hp, and the z06 price is now up to $75,000 sticker.... tell me that's value?

with that said, I do like the corvettes... just sad that they're out of most people's price range. If they kept the price on the new 400 hp vette down, it would have been the best $/performance value out there.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0410htp_zo/

Do you want to **** my nuts now, or later?

75k For a car that will out-handle, out-power anything withing a 200,000$ pricerange? Yea thats ****** value.

The new mustang cobra is basically diff body kit-ish stuff, with more hp...wow...

The new ZO6 is new from the ground up. 500hp LS7 N/A not F/I like the stang..completely new suspension, aluminum body...

The mustang is still gonna be on a mustang platform, where the vette has its own new friggin chassis.

You think 45k for a mustang is value? I can get 600hp out of a GT for 7k,so how is 450 worth 20k more? And you talk about value...

marleyskater420
04-24-2005, 09:37 PM

they compared the new vette to the new 911 and it won.

I dont remember they comparing a new stang to a 911...do you?

What more do you want to show value? A 40k car beating a 75k car in performance, handling,speed, value...what do you have to say to that?

Look, the vette performs better in everyway. The cobra was F/I so its easier to get hp out of it. Add a blower to the vette and now we can compare apples to apples.

Hows this, Jmac knows his ****, ask him.

SSS 18734
04-24-2005, 09:42 PM
hey anyone know the name of that song they play in the background?

marleyskater420
04-24-2005, 09:44 PM
wtf was that about.
makes me sad to see someone disgrace the mustang crowd like that
even if he thought he'd lose - gotta man up and back your challenges =)
I lose all the time but at least I give it what i've got.
too bad I dont have money to blow... I'd actually have the balls to race
(assuming I could afford hospital bills too lol..... crashing at 190 mph probably hurts)

Out of all the car crowds I've ever seen, and Ive been from the import to domestic side. The mustang crowd is the most tainted, so I dont really know how you can disgrace them so much.

I mean even my mustangs friends will admit that.

Tirefryr
04-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Out of all the car crowds I've ever seen, and Ive been from the import to domestic side. The mustang crowd is the most tainted, so I dont really know how you can disgrace them so much.

I mean even my mustangs friends will admit that.

Depends on the area. Around here, everyone's a ****. No matter what they have. Some places I've been it goes any other way.

No matter what, there will always be someone faster and quicker with more money and a nicer ride. Be proud of what you have and enjoy it.

marleyskater420
04-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Depends on the area. Around here, everyone's a ****. No matter what they have. Some places I've been it goes any other way.

No matter what, there will always be someone faster and quicker with more money and a nicer ride. Be proud of what you have and enjoy it.

Oh I know everyone will be a ****, and I know there are **** camaro and import owners. However, I AM saying, that out of all of the crowds, import,mopar,chevy,ford..mustang guys are widely unliked by all crowds, not saying the other crowds dont like each other, but that across the board, everyone would agree they dont like mustang owners. I mean you dont get hated by everyone for no reason...

Tirefryr
04-24-2005, 09:58 PM
I mean you dont get hated by everyone for no reason...

We're the JL of hot rodders! :D J/K.

I have not witnessed this personally, but then again, everyone I hang around with drives Bowties. And you're actually driving on of my dream cars. ;)

slack
04-24-2005, 10:28 PM
i say we just get a lambo diablo SVTT, and we wont have to worry about gay vettes or mustangs.

:evil:

http://www.fast-autos.net/spotlight/svtt/index.html

slack
04-24-2005, 11:07 PM
How are we all supposed to get a car when there's only 1 in the world ?

****, read your own link before you post it ...

Oh yeah, Lamborghini = overrated ... call me when they win something ...

haha, well we could buy it and share it.

but i feel that lamborghini is not overated. Lamborghini's are peices of art on wheels man. its also a major status symbol and they are fast as hell. id love to have a 95 diablo jota. **** would be hot.

marleyskater420
04-25-2005, 01:22 AM
We're the JL of hot rodders! :D J/K.

I have not witnessed this personally, but then again, everyone I hang around with drives Bowties. And you're actually driving on of my dream cars. ;)

Basically.

If you're ever in my area, you're more than welcome to drive it.

How are we all supposed to get a car when there's only 1 in the world ?

****, read your own link before you post it ...

Oh yeah, Lamborghini = overrated ... call me when they win something ...

hahah you're so right. A friend of a friend hates his lambo cuz its always in the shop

WheresTheButta
04-28-2005, 10:31 AM
marley - havent been on much lately but to reply to you: no.
just plain no. - to everything you said pretty much
mustang has it's own platform now, brand new for this year same as the vette has a new one. and to further clarify, comparing the new gt500 shelby cobra to a mustang GT is like comparing a 9mm pistol to a nuke. It has a complete new suspension, including (but not limited to! lol) subframe connectors, chassis stiffening braces, a complete IRS, new shocks&springs, etc.
and the msrp will be $35,000 - not $45,000 (unless you're talking fully loaded convertible - and even then that's a stretch) Expect to pay above sticker though, same as a vette.
Do remember however, that I like corvettes and you apparently have a stick up your *** about mustangs. Try not to be close-minded - I'd take a z06 over a cobra any day if I had $75,000 laying around. The problem is: who the f*ck has that kind of money laying around? Doctors, lawyers, ball players - anyone who would never enjoy the car the way I would. You cant call something a 'value' if it's out of middle-class price range. If you wanted a car with the undisputed fastest 0-60 time of any stock car in the world from any manufacturer, you could pay $150,000 for a new ford GT. They call it value because it outperforms ferraris and lambos that cost more...... but $150,000 isnt a value if you have $30,000 to spend. A value is a double cheeseburger at mcdonalds for $1, not a vette.

marleyskater420
04-28-2005, 07:55 PM
marley - havent been on much lately but to reply to you: no.
just plain no. - to everything you said pretty much
mustang has it's own platform now, brand new for this year same as the vette has a new one. and to further clarify, comparing the new gt500 shelby cobra to a mustang GT is like comparing a 9mm pistol to a nuke. It has a complete new suspension, including (but not limited to! lol) subframe connectors, chassis stiffening braces, a complete IRS, new shocks&springs, etc.
and the msrp will be $35,000 - not $45,000 (unless you're talking fully loaded convertible - and even then that's a stretch) Expect to pay above sticker though, same as a vette.
Do remember however, that I like corvettes and you apparently have a stick up your *** about mustangs. Try not to be close-minded - I'd take a z06 over a cobra any day if I had $75,000 laying around. The problem is: who the f*ck has that kind of money laying around? Doctors, lawyers, ball players - anyone who would never enjoy the car the way I would. You cant call something a 'value' if it's out of middle-class price range. If you wanted a car with the undisputed fastest 0-60 time of any stock car in the world from any manufacturer, you could pay $150,000 for a new ford GT. They call it value because it outperforms ferraris and lambos that cost more...... but $150,000 isnt a value if you have $30,000 to spend. A value is a double cheeseburger at mcdonalds for $1, not a vette.

I respect mustangs, and the new GT500. Ask anyone who isnt mustang biased, the new Z06 is a plain awesome car for the value. It has everything higher priced cars have, but it is cheaper. It friggin beat the 911...and that was the base C6 w/ the Z51, not even the ZO6.

The new GT500 is not gonna be 35k...the old cobras were more than that sticker...

Think what you will, value is opinion. Almost everyone Ive talked to the new Z06 about, claims it is incredible value, coming from mustang owners and import owners.

Appartently you just wont accept it, meh.

And the new Z06's first run ever, did a 12.1 and 127 w/ a 25mph backwind..

z34fiend
04-30-2005, 02:30 AM
Fords ****!!!!!!!!!

Tirefryr
04-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Fords ****!!!!!!!!!
You're entitled to your own opinion no matter how misinformed, ignorant, or just plain stupid it may be.

No vehicle will **** as long as you take care of it. Of course there is always the lemmon. For every problem you show me with a Ford, I can back it up with a problem from ANY other Auto manufacturer. Ignorance is bliss though. ;)

Tirefryr
04-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Basically.

If you're ever in my area, you're more than welcome to drive it.

Gonna have to make a trip that way! :D

supa_c
04-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Owned.
what do i win ?

Tirefryr
04-30-2005, 11:22 PM
:handclap:

marleyskater420
05-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Gonna have to make a trip that way! :D

My ECM just blew, but once a new one gets in, you're more than welcome to come drive it.

WheresTheButta
05-01-2005, 02:15 AM
btw, marley
if you didnt notice
I love the corvette period.
just saying it costs too **** much lol
I think the c6 is an excellent value, but the z06 is just too **** pricy.
However for the gt500 price...... =)
I know my fords.... I have 4 mustangs (1970, 1996, 2000, 2003) and a brand spankin new GTO in my family, I know my american muscle VERY well.
The 03/04 cobras were $34,000 msrp for base model. A fully loaded convertible with every possible option was roughly $38,000. New gt500 base is supposed to be upper $30,000 - figure $38,000 as a ballpark from what's being said. When the convertible comes out, do expect $45,000 for fully loaded convertible. With that said, expect the c6 convertible fully loaded to be at least $15,000 more =)
I love the new vette though, and I am well aware a stock c6 will **** on a porsche 911 - I have seen the race in person between a c5 stock and a porsche 911 stock - the c5 beat it so no doubt the c6 will **** on it. Now... a new z06 will rape a porsche 911 turbo, which costs more than twice as much - no doubt it's a great dollar/performance ratio. However the problem is that we're talking about cars I cant afford either way..... On the other hand..... we're selling the new GTO and the 1996/2000 mustangs to get the new gt500. That to me is what makes it great - it's actually obtainable by a regular middle-class family.... and can seat 4 so theoretically can be driven every day.
But I think you missed what I was saying the first time and now you got it.
Vettes are great cars..... just so god **** expensive for a car I couldnt drive every day.

Primo
05-01-2005, 02:29 AM
****, i thought it was a video with some racing. not some stupid bullshit call out video. :rolleyes:

marleyskater420
05-01-2005, 02:39 AM
btw, marley
if you didnt notice
I love the corvette period.
just saying it costs too **** much lol
I think the c6 is an excellent value, but the z06 is just too **** pricy.
However for the gt500 price...... =)
I know my fords.... I have 4 mustangs (1970, 1996, 2000, 2003) and a brand spankin new GTO in my family, I know my american muscle VERY well.
The 03/04 cobras were $34,000 msrp for base model. A fully loaded convertible with every possible option was roughly $38,000. New gt500 base is supposed to be upper $30,000 - figure $38,000 as a ballpark from what's being said. When the convertible comes out, do expect $45,000 for fully loaded convertible. With that said, expect the c6 convertible fully loaded to be at least $15,000 more =)
I love the new vette though, and I am well aware a stock c6 will **** on a porsche 911 - I have seen the race in person between a c5 stock and a porsche 911 stock - the c5 beat it so no doubt the c6 will **** on it. Now... a new z06 will rape a porsche 911 turbo, which costs more than twice as much - no doubt it's a great dollar/performance ratio. However the problem is that we're talking about cars I cant afford either way..... On the other hand..... we're selling the new GTO and the 1996/2000 mustangs to get the new gt500. That to me is what makes it great - it's actually obtainable by a regular middle-class family.... and can seat 4 so theoretically can be driven every day.
But I think you missed what I was saying the first time and now you got it.
Vettes are great cars..... just so god **** expensive for a car I couldnt drive every day.

I gotcha now.

I don't think attainability(is that a word?) should weigh so heavy on a car that beats cars twice its value.

To me, the car outpeforms things over 2x its value, so its worth its value in that aspect.

As you stated though, to the average person, it isnt attainable, so its value isnt as lets say..apparent...thats a bad word...but basically the its value vs. more expensive **** dont matter, cuz like you said,either way,we cant afford it.

The new C6's though, are like base 44, and they can run low 12's once the TM has been worked out. They have same hp as the old ZO6, but the new TM takes a LOT of that away.

I still think that the C6 is as good a value as a cobra. The new GT500 though, should give it a really good run for the money.

I get what you are saying though, about the common guy getting one...and its value in that aspect. I just love the fact that both of these make crazy NA power, on pushrod designs, nonetheless.

NA>FI in the props dept.

WheresTheButta
05-01-2005, 03:14 AM
agreed.
n/a > f/i
unless it's a funny car or top fuel dragster ;)
my dad's balanced 302 (bored to roughly 308) in the 1970 stang runs 11:1 compression, ported/polished heads, custom grind twisted wedge cams with custom roller rockers, forged pistons and crank, hooker headers into his own h-pipe made in his shop, into stock mufflers for a wicked sound.
it makes roughly 350 rwhp n/a - it's a beauty of an engine. So if I havent said so, I <3 pushrod n/a. nothing sounds like it, nothing feels like it.
my 2 favorite american cars are the vette/stang for that reason.
shame they went supercharged on the stang, but I gotta say... the acquired taste of the supercharger whine does sound nice.

marleyskater420
05-01-2005, 07:11 PM
agreed.
n/a > f/i
unless it's a funny car or top fuel dragster ;)
my dad's balanced 302 (bored to roughly 308) in the 1970 stang runs 11:1 compression, ported/polished heads, custom grind twisted wedge cams with custom roller rockers, forged pistons and crank, hooker headers into his own h-pipe made in his shop, into stock mufflers for a wicked sound.
it makes roughly 350 rwhp n/a - it's a beauty of an engine. So if I havent said so, I <3 pushrod n/a. nothing sounds like it, nothing feels like it.
my 2 favorite american cars are the vette/stang for that reason.
shame they went supercharged on the stang, but I gotta say... the acquired taste of the supercharger whine does sound nice.

The whine sounds nice. But I really don't give it much more props than its modability,simply for the fact its F/I. I mean chevy could forge the LS1,add a blower, and have the same deal kinda thing.. And I still wouldnt give it as much props as lets say, a 400hp N/A 4.6 or whatever.

WheresTheButta
05-01-2005, 07:42 PM
it'd run on cheaper gas =)

marleyskater420
05-01-2005, 07:48 PM
it'd run on cheaper gas =)

what would?

FI needs supreme, unless you like not using your full potential...and having like..5 degrees of timeing

And high comp. NA motors need supreme also..

I don't get to which you refer to.

WheresTheButta
05-03-2005, 08:50 AM
a low compression F/I running less than 10 pounds of boost can run on 93 octane.
my dad's 1970 stang pings on ultra 94 octane
that's what i'm talking about ;)

Polecat
05-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Stock FI has the computer capability to retard timing once it hears detonation. Same as carb cars...only you need to pull total timing out, not initial.
But on carb cars you can always alos jump up jet sizes to take that problem away, as long as the plugs read ok.

And to the one porter whom stated Ford stink, well, they have made some of the best factory speed cars. Mustangs from 1988-1993, with the stock 5.0 had more potential then the Camaro's did in that same erra. And the Ford Lightning, IMHO, is still the best, if not fastest production PU to date.

Now as far as new cars, why spend $35K on a car....I'd put $18K in an older muscle car that would walk the new one....but it again is a bonus to have a new car with AC/Heat, power everything, run 11's.

WheresTheButta
05-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Amen to that.
I'm just glad I spent $0 on my car
lucky on my part that my dad won a new car and gave me the one he bought a y ear ago

marleyskater420
05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
a low compression F/I running less than 10 pounds of boost can run on 93 octane.
my dad's 1970 stang pings on ultra 94 octane
that's what i'm talking about ;)

I run 25psi on 91 octane :up2somet:

i imagine you could alchohol inject either though.

the typhoon and syclone were the fastest trucks ever produced. 13.2 1/4 stock is the fastest I've seen

285hp 360tq in a 3400lbish car w/ awd.

AT+turbo=launches :D

fatryan
05-07-2005, 08:19 PM
awd in a typhonn? i dont think so

Dozerboy
05-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Yes some Typhoons had AWD Typhoon (http://s-series.org/module-htmlpages-display-pid-19.html#Ty)
And the fastes trucks are Diesel

Beat_Dominator
05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
My friend has a typhoon, I haven't been impressed with it. Sure it pulls nicely, but it's not much to write home about IMO.

irocdaparty
05-07-2005, 11:15 PM
****, i thought it was a video with some racing. not some stupid bullshit call out video. :rolleyes:

I agree what a f***ing jip :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

fatryan
05-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Yes some Typhoons had AWD Typhoon (http://s-series.org/module-htmlpages-display-pid-19.html#Ty)
thats really interesting, cause everything ive EVER read about typhoons and syclones states that they are RWD. i suppose i could be just missinformed...

bri487
05-08-2005, 03:13 AM
I beg to differ. Notice the nitrous tank in the trunk of the cobra?
I'll bet money his listed HP number is without that spray. I have a feeling it's a 250 hp shot. on top of the 650+ rwhp he's packin

i thought it was a fuel cell? it has been a while since i have seen the video.

bri487
05-08-2005, 03:16 AM
I love the new vette though, and I am well aware a stock c6 will **** on a porsche 911 - I have seen the race in person between a c5 stock and a porsche 911 stock - the c5 beat it so no doubt the c6 will **** on it. Now... a new z06 will rape a porsche 911 turbo, which costs more than twice as much

by any chance was stevie wonder driving the porsche you saw racing?

bri487
05-08-2005, 03:20 AM
oh, by the way, the corvette c6 is on the left, porsche 911 on the right
Acceleration
sec to mph
0-30 mph 1.8 1.5
0-40 mph 2.5 2.2
0-50 mph 3.5 3.2
0-60 mph 4.4 4.2

supa_c
05-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Prove it !

j/k
You would go way over board in doing so

kuijo
05-08-2005, 05:45 AM
I think the corvettes look nicer. The z06 would be able to handle a 911, i dunno about the turbo though.

derek33
05-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Im sorry if this has been covered, i haven't read all the posts on this thread.
is that mustang really a 2.2L? 1, it really doesnt sound like a 2.2L, and 2, It looks to me like it has two heads, making it a v4???
can someone clarify.

thanks

WheresTheButta
05-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Im sorry if this has been covered, i haven't read all the posts on this thread.
is that mustang really a 2.2L? 1, it really doesnt sound like a 2.2L, and 2, It looks to me like it has two heads, making it a v4???
can someone clarify.

thanks

I have no facking clue why it says 2.2L....
that engine looked like what I was assuming - the stock engine with alot of mods
if that's the case it's a 4.6L dohc supercharged.

and to whoever said the c5 vette would lose to a porsche 911....

I cant count how many times I've seen this race - my friend drives his dad's 911, my other friend drives his brother's c5. Every time, the c5 takes him to school.
How many times have people said this already: what looks good on paper doesnt always translate to real world performance?
The usual race is the 50mph roll, race up to 100 mph, but I've seen them go at it from a standstill - either way the vette took him out.

As for the new z06 vs a porsche twin turbo...... the porsche would kill the z06 off a stoplight if that's what you're insinuating... The porsche's awd would make sure of that. As for anything else - just plain no. The new z06 will mop the floor with the porsche down a 1/4 mile, or even from a roll on the highway.

bri487
05-08-2005, 02:14 PM
and to whoever said the c5 vette would lose to a porsche 911....

I cant count how many times I've seen this race - my friend drives his dad's 911, my other friend drives his brother's c5. Every time, the c5 takes him to school.
How many times have people said this already: what looks good on paper doesnt always translate to real world performance?

right it doesnt always translate into real world performance because 90% of the people who own these cars cant drive them.

marleyskater420
05-08-2005, 05:46 PM
thats really interesting, cause everything ive EVER read about typhoons and syclones states that they are RWD. i suppose i could be just missinformed...

WOW you're ****** retarded..

awd in a typhonn? i dont think so

You actually knowing what you're talking about? I dont think so.

Maybe you shouldnt talk out your ****** *** about **** you got no clue about so you dont look so ****** ignorant you stupid ****** piece of ****.

www.turbobuick.com

go there and tell them the SY/TY's only came in RWD...

Please stop talking, just do us all a big favor..

EVERY SY/TY had AWD...

As for most SY/TY's nowadays...there are very few around, and even much less that actually run right.

The intercooler design on these cars was a horrible design, and they are very very finicky to keep running right. They do make more power than GN's but they are much harder to keep in tune, and to mod they dont respond as well.

Its just a matter of knowing what you have, and taking advantage of it.

WheresTheButta
05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
right it doesnt always translate into real world performance because 90% of the people who own these cars cant drive them.

my friend driving the stock c5 that I was referring to........
his father owns cartek. I promise you he can drive.
my other friend who drives the porsche.... well he has no claim to fame, just that his daddy taught him well, and I promise you he can drive too.
we're not talking worthless morons who cant make use of the car as it was intended....... I'm just telling you that in the real world - you'll find alot of figures are very very understated... and some are overstated......
any person who has driven a corvette will tell you it's very underrated - it can do what magazines and ads claim... with a decent driver - if you've got some skill behind the wheel you can pull faster times than listed.
the porsche on the other hand - I just dont know... not enough experience, but I'll venture an educated guess based on what i've seen thusfar: the engine isnt grossly underrated like the c5 was.

edit: marley back me up on this one... you chevy loving s1ut
stock c5 vette > porsche 911 in 0-60 and 1/4 mile - assuming equal skill for drivers.

edit2: just noticed your thing says svt mustang guy - gives me a different perspective. Dont get the wrong idea tho, I'm not trying to be a ******* about this whole thing, I just have seen with my own 2 eyes that the vette always wins in a straight line.

fatryan
05-08-2005, 11:06 PM
WOW you're ****** retarded..

You actually knowing what you're talking about? I dont think so.

Maybe you shouldnt talk out your ****** *** about **** you got no clue about so you dont look so ****** ignorant you stupid ****** piece of ****.

www.turbobuick.com

go there and tell them the SY/TY's only came in RWD...

Please stop talking, just do us all a big favor..

EVERY SY/TY had AWD...

As for most SY/TY's nowadays...there are very few around, and even much less that actually run right.

The intercooler design on these cars was a horrible design, and they are very very finicky to keep running right. They do make more power than GN's but they are much harder to keep in tune, and to mod they dont respond as well.

Its just a matter of knowing what you have, and taking advantage of it.
why dont you comprehend my fukin posts you **********! if you actually read them youll see that i said "i must just be misinformed". next time read what i wrote and save yourself the embarassment...*******!

marleyskater420
05-09-2005, 12:04 AM
why dont you comprehend my fukin posts you **********! if you actually read them youll see that i said "i must just be misinformed". next time read what i wrote and save yourself the embarassment...*******!

Embarassed?Im not the one talking out his *** man. Dont make comments about cars with such confidence if you dont know youre ****

my friend driving the stock c5 that I was referring to........
his father owns cartek. I promise you he can drive.
my other friend who drives the porsche.... well he has no claim to fame, just that his daddy taught him well, and I promise you he can drive too.
we're not talking worthless morons who cant make use of the car as it was intended....... I'm just telling you that in the real world - you'll find alot of figures are very very understated... and some are overstated......
any person who has driven a corvette will tell you it's very underrated - it can do what magazines and ads claim... with a decent driver - if you've got some skill behind the wheel you can pull faster times than listed.
the porsche on the other hand - I just dont know... not enough experience, but I'll venture an educated guess based on what i've seen thusfar: the engine isnt grossly underrated like the c5 was.

edit: marley back me up on this one... you chevy loving s1ut
stock c5 vette > porsche 911 in 0-60 and 1/4 mile - assuming equal skill for drivers.

edit2: just noticed your thing says svt mustang guy - gives me a different perspective. Dont get the wrong idea tho, I'm not trying to be a ******* about this whole thing, I just have seen with my own 2 eyes that the vette always wins in a straight line.

The C5 will destroy a 911 in a 1/4. The new 911 S, which has more hp, runs along w/ the stock C6. The old C5 was faster than the old 911. They were pretty close in weight, and the hp/tq was in favor of the C5...

Just take a look at some comparos that some mag's have done...with 2 good drivers, the C5 will win.

I agree with you you blue bleeding s1ut

fatryan
05-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Embarassed?Im not the one talking out his *** man. Dont make comments about cars with such confidence if you dont know youre ****

i didnt make any "confident" comments. you truly must be mentally retarded. you cant even read. now go on your way with your tail between your legs you little b!tch.

Dozerboy
05-09-2005, 01:03 AM
:hide: d*mn guys
marleyskater420
Not every SY/TY had AWD some where RWD

marleyskater420
05-09-2005, 01:12 AM
:hide: d*mn guys
marleyskater420
Not every SY/TY had AWD some where RWD

Ill put 5$ every single one was AWD.

fatryan
05-09-2005, 01:30 AM
oooooh, now well see whos the WRONG one, mr. "confident"!! you idiot, i personally know some1 with a typhoon and its RWD!

RWD!!!!

WheresTheButta
05-09-2005, 12:13 PM

The C5 will destroy a 911 in a 1/4. The new 911 S, which has more hp, runs along w/ the stock C6. The old C5 was faster than the old 911. They were pretty close in weight, and the hp/tq was in favor of the C5...

Just take a look at some comparos that some mag's have done...with 2 good drivers, the C5 will win.

I agree with you you blue bleeding s1ut

ty <3

btw marley is right - has nobody bothered to google the trucks?

http://www.syty.org/drivetrain.html - they were all wheel drive - explicitely outlined on that website - a site dedicated SOLELY to those trucks
I'd still rather have a lightening =)

Polecat
05-09-2005, 03:30 PM
ALL were AWD.......

fatryan
05-09-2005, 03:40 PM
no, theyre not all AWD. i know some1 with an original Typhoon, and its RWD.

Polecat
05-09-2005, 03:52 PM
then it's not a real Typhoon...my buddy is a GM for the GMC/Pontiac dealer....we both have never seen, nor heard of any...if you can show me where GM made then, i promise to believe it.

fatryan
05-09-2005, 04:02 PM
ok, i find it sooo weird that now ALL TYs and Sys are AWD. Ive only ever heard they were ALL RWD. then i here some are AWD, now i here ALL are AWD. Maybe this kid was lying. whatever, i dont care...

WheresTheButta
05-09-2005, 04:17 PM
heh I bet the kid you know probably is misinformed.
as posted previously, that site will answer all your questions.

edit: if you really dont care, dont bother.... but I like to learn all I can when it comes to performance cars

marleyskater420
05-09-2005, 05:39 PM
oooooh, now well see whos the WRONG one, mr. "confident"!! you idiot, i personally know some1 with a typhoon and its RWD!

RWD!!!!

for your own sake,just stop speaking.

You would think I would know about a turbo GMC vehicle...but apparently....I dont?

www.turbobuick.com ....check out the SY/TY section...

Your friend is either one of 2 things. 1.)Retarded or 2.)Laughing at you because you believed him.

fatryan-stick to what you do best, and thats being fat, so stop telling us what you think is right, and is completely wrong.

Ignorance is bliss

Polecat
05-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Built by PAS (Production Automotive Services - Troy, MI, also built the 89 TTA), the Syclone, Typhoon, and S-GT had the distinction of being the quickest production trucks ever to roll off the assemly line.

Both the Syclone and Typhoon utilize a 4.3L Turbocharged Vortec V6, pushing out 285+ HP (disputed to be 330) with 360ft/lbs of torque, with a liquid-cooled intercooler. A multiport fuel system feeds the motor while a TH700R4 automatic transmission puts power down to the AWD drivetrain. 0-60 times range from under 5 seconds (even in the rain!) to a quarter mile time of low/high 13's for the Syclone and mid 13's to low 14's for the Typhoon in stock form. The Syclone's ONLY production year was in 1991 with an estimated 2995 units built, while the Typhoon lasted from 1992-93 with 2500 units built in 92 and 2200 units built in 93. Both trucks feature a specialized ground effects package (known as cladding) and turbine style 16x8 aluminum rims. The Syclone's interior features plush cloth bucket seats with the "Syclone" badge embroidered into the headrest, along with door inserts to match while the 92 Typhoon's feature leather/cloth seats with headrest "Typhoon"embroidery and the 93 features full leather interior with power seats and overhead console. The trucks feature center console holds the leather shifter while a gauge cluster from a Sunbird GT keeps you informed of engine vitals and boost.

Created for sale in 1992, the Sonoma GT took the spot of the Syclone when production ended. With only 806 units produced, the Sonoma GT utilized a high-performance two-wheel-drive version of the sonoma pickup fitted with the L35 195hp 4.3-liter V6 and an automatic transmission and had a "Syclone-like" appearance package.

WheresTheButta
05-09-2005, 11:44 PM
I raced a typhoon once off a stoplight, and was shocked when I lost. I was like "wtf it's a truck.... and a truck I've never heard of at that"
After that I looked them up and realized why my 96' mustang lost..... less power, no awd.

Edit: I'd love to see one go up against a 2001+ lightening.. even though the lightenings are 2wd, I bet it'd be real close. They do run low 13's stock.

While we're on the subject of fast trucks: how about that new dodge with the viper engine? I'd love to see one of those run a 1/4.

Dozerboy
05-10-2005, 12:12 AM

Sorry, looks like you are mostlikely right I was reading about the SY Prototype only.

bd5034
The SRT-10 runs the 1/4mi. slower than a the Furd hard to get all that power to the ground. Diesel is the only way to go GMs Duramax is in the 11s maybe less Cummins are even faster for now.

WheresTheButta
05-10-2005, 12:34 AM
you're lying.... theres no way a diesel can do that.....
well, even if the engine could do it - the truck would be way too heavy/non aerodynamic/too much wheelspin?
if I'm wrong please send me a link so I can take a look - that'd be sick if you're right.

supa_c
05-10-2005, 01:11 AM
The Banks power truck is the worlds fastest diesel truck iirc

WheresTheButta
05-10-2005, 01:25 AM
what exactly is iirc?

supa_c
05-10-2005, 01:29 AM
if i recall correctly
if i remember correctly

Dozerboy
05-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Just when you thought your Sh*tstang was something when a 8000 lb diesel truck with a $700 tuner blows your doors off. :eek:
Street legal truck in the 10s
NHRADA (http://nhrda.com/)

Polecat
05-10-2005, 10:38 AM
too bad Ford discontinued the Lightning. :(

The one they showed to come out in 2005 a couple years ago at SEMA was 500 hp and 500 ft. lbs of TQ...and looked cool!

cheeseburger35
05-10-2005, 11:09 AM
yeah but i doubt that motor will go into production polecat.. that has a highly built up blown 5.4.....

marleyskater420
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Not stock ...

The Lightning runs ~13.9 and the SRT-10 runs ~13.6 ...

and the SY was 13.2 hehehe

WheresTheButta
05-11-2005, 01:28 AM
awd is cheating.
and my friend has a lightening, engine is bone stock, only after-cat and off road x-pipe.... runs 13 flat.
getting a cover over that bed does wonders.
and btw, my new stang is a good deal quicker than my old one.
I definately crushed a s2000, a lexus sc 430, a porsche boxter S, and a heavily modded turbo prelude to name a few. (all on the highway rolling from 50 mph)

WheresTheButta
05-11-2005, 03:46 AM
it's not, it just feels like cheating compared to rwd =)

marleyskater420
05-11-2005, 05:50 PM
awd is cheating.
and my friend has a lightening, engine is bone stock, only after-cat and off road x-pipe.... runs 13 flat.
getting a cover over that bed does wonders.
and btw, my new stang is a good deal quicker than my old one.
I definately crushed a s2000, a lexus sc 430, a porsche boxter S, and a heavily modded turbo prelude to name a few. (all on the highway rolling from 50 mph)

Then its not bone stock... Im talking bone friggin stock.. a Sy could simply up the boost and then rape even more..

How about a porsche CARRERA S...hehe

WheresTheButta
05-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Then its not bone stock... Im talking bone friggin stock.. a Sy could simply up the boost and then rape even more..

How about a porsche CARRERA S...hehe

carrera s is out of my league heh.....
but yea the lightening I was talking about had no engine mods at all - not even pulleys. Just a k&n and a nice exhaust..... the exhaust is unbelievably restrictive on those trucks; and also if you get a bed cover to help with aerodynamics it shaves time too. Not much, but anything helps.