PDA

View Full Version : Horns

T3mpest
03-30-2005, 09:06 PM
I am looking for a set of horns for about 300-500 (US). I am tired of having my tweets pop running off of 40 watts and I want something that can atually keep up with a brahma SPL wise if the need arises. I also need a good EQ, any suggestions? I can probably go as high as 500 for the EQ.

req
03-30-2005, 10:43 PM
you are gonna need to look into this pretty seriously.

a pair of image dynamics CD1 horns go for about $200~300 and you dont nessicarily need an active Xover or EQ (recommended). CD2's go for 300~500 (but you need at least a 10band graphic EQ + an active crossover with a 24db per octave slope)

so eaither way you pick - they are 8ohm drivers. so keep that in mind.

check otu ebay.

InhumanAcura
03-30-2005, 10:49 PM
you are gonna need to look into this pretty seriously.

a pair of image dynamics CD1 horns go for about $200~300 and you dont nessicarily need an active Xover or EQ (recommended). CD2's go for 300~500 (but you need at least a 10band graphic EQ + an active crossover with a 24db per octave slope)

so eaither way you pick - they are 8ohm drivers. so keep that in mind.

check otu ebay.

its highly recommended you use the passives supplied with the cd1-e's...

you do not need to run 40watts to a horn, trust me they'll get SCREAMING loud and still sound unbelievably clear with little wattage...running a set off a low-power h/u would be my suggestion...

squeak9798
03-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Image Dynamics, USD Audio (www.usdaudio.com), and Illusion Audio (www.illusionaudio.com) all make great horns.

With the ID CD-1Pro's or CD-2Comp's, the UDS's or the IA's, you are going to need an active xover as well as a good EQ (like req mentioned).

Plus, you need to check under your dash and figure out if you can use full-bodied horns or if you'll need to use mini-horns. Then you need to decide what mids you will be using, as not all mids will mate well with horns (it will be hard to level-match them properly without choking down the horns majorly).

I have the Illusion Audio CH1 horns, and wouldn't trade them for the world :D

req
03-31-2005, 09:50 AM
would you trade them for a pair of CD2's?