PDA

View Full Version : box in eclipse hatcback

BoNkA
03-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get the most space out of their 2nd generation (95-99) Eclipse. I have a 98 and there's a lot of wasted space along with the floor not all being level and even 2 latches that raise from the floor to connect the cargo strap thing.

I need to fit a ported box for a 15" Brahma MKII in this and from what I've measured while I was home last (barring any mistakes), I have a maximum external area of 15" height (leaving 1" between the box and low point of the hatchback), 32.5" length, and 19.5" depth. I wanted the sub to fire up and I'm not even sure if that 1" (roughly) of space is enough. Guess I might have to have it fire towards the cabin.

Anyways, any kind of useful info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to at least have the box planned out by the end of April so that I can build it when I get home from college and hopefully my backordered ed nine.1 and brahma will be shipped.

phsballin4life
03-30-2005, 12:31 AM
ive got an eclipse....its a 3g tho but they have similar cargo areas....the only thing i have figured out to do is to build a parrallagram shaped enclosure....thats the only way i could get around 4 cubes after dis. for my se's

BoNkA
03-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Anyone else? I'm even just trying to find pictures that I can see what the person did so I could somewhat replicate the box design. Most nice looking enclosures are fiberglass or sealed, so most of what I've seen I can't use.

req
03-30-2005, 01:05 PM
fiberglass.

otherwise, its gonna be a BISH to do - eclips' have some funky trunks. my friend has a 98 eclipse and it is a strange thing.

BoNkA
03-30-2005, 01:54 PM
I've never fiberglassed before and I think it'd be somewhat of a pain to get the right volume along with porting it.