PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Remove Headunit...

Hugebass
03-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Well.. my cars been out sitting awhile. and i have no sounds hooked up.. hehe but i still have my Pioneer DEH-P7600MP Headunit hooked up. Well befor i tryed to take it out but it won't budge. and i dont want to force it and break it. its a 300 doller Headunit lol. does anyone know what i should use to release it for it to come out. i know there some tool to use. but im not sure what it is. i wanna remove it so i can hook my speakers up to the headunit. sold my amp. use to have speakers hooked up to amp. so now im just trying to hook speakers to Headunit now. so if someone could help me out with the Headunit Issue would be great thanks.. Here the link to my HU..

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIODEHP7600MP

bri487
03-29-2005, 02:01 AM
you need the keys for a pioneer deck. they slide in the slots on the side. dont even try to use a screwdriver, you will tweak the sleeve.

JAZN
03-29-2005, 02:01 AM
whats the console that its housed in look like?

Hugebass
03-29-2005, 02:08 AM
yeah i figure some type of keys. but nothing like that came with the Deck... what should i do :/

EDIT:: JAZN didn't fully Understand your question.

JAZN
03-29-2005, 02:13 AM
this? (bottom left)
http://img82.exs.cx/img82/9577/install0yx.jpg

Hugebass
03-29-2005, 02:19 AM
on the Unit it has a place on each side of the unit for a key to be stuck in for the unit to come out. its just i don't have a key. is there any auto shops or anywhere you can buy a key. or was it suppose to come with the deck. because i never remeber seeing a Remove Key.

JAZN
03-29-2005, 02:24 AM
its supposed to come with the deck, but u could check with a shop. ask around the boards, someone might be nice enough to give u theirs.

JAZN
03-29-2005, 02:38 AM
on the Unit it has a place on each side of the unit for a key to be stuck in for the unit to come out. its just i don't have a key. is there any auto shops or anywhere you can buy a key. or was it suppose to come with the deck. because i never remeber seeing a Remove Key.
awww shiet i just found mine but im leaving for a road trip tomorrow morning. if u cant find someone else to get u some in 3 days, PM me and i'll send u mine.

Hugebass
03-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Well, my car is 2 hours from my house. gotta pick it up in a week. the box that came with my Headunit is in the trunk. so ill check in it again. there should be a key if not ill look for one. but don't waste your time and money sending me one. i Appciate it though.

Ignatowski
03-29-2005, 05:42 AM
get out the torch :blowup:

Twocool4u1
03-29-2005, 01:55 PM
what can happen if you use a screw driver? i was thinking of using one on mine.

bri487
03-30-2005, 01:05 AM
what can happen if you use a screw driver? i was thinking of using one on mine.

on a pioneer, sticking a screw driver in the key slot would probably only bend either the decks body or the sleeve. i think, if i remember right that with the pioneers the key has a kind of an arrow thing near the front of it. that goes in as though you were putting the arrow in the dash and the backside of it cathes the deck and allows you to pull it out.