PDA

View Full Version : Best set for 300.00

trigger2008
03-27-2005, 10:04 PM
What is the best component system (6.5) for around 300.00 dollars. And also where to get them.

BlackHaze-
03-27-2005, 11:28 PM
I would suggest REs XXX mids

JoseMCeee
03-27-2005, 11:38 PM
xxx have no xover or tweeters to go with them right? Im sure he mean the whole set.. For 300 you could get a nice DLS, CDT maybe a ID set. Hit up DjDillioDon on AIM. He sells CDT. Im sure you will get a great deal for 300.

Randy Savage
03-27-2005, 11:39 PM
ID Chameleons from SD, CDT HD's from Don

BlackHaze-
03-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Rainbow Sound Line SLC 265 6.5

http://www.iqcaraudio.com/rainbow/sound_line_slc/index.htm

cdj
03-28-2005, 12:29 AM
If you want a brighter , crisp sounding system then you might want to look at the new Rainbow Powerline CMX, they are two steps up from the Soundlines.
Aluminum cone and tweeter:

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=6&art=231160

I had considered them but decided that I would prefer silk tweeters for a more mellow sound.
Here is a link to a post where the UK distributor answered my question about the CMX series:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=110414

For a very good price that will still be below your $300, if there are any left, you can email:
Jason@arcaudio

I ordered three subs from him last week.

squeak9798
03-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Do a search for "$300 comps" or "$300 components".....I know there are multiple, multiple threads with tons of suggestions for that price range.

HCCAfan
03-28-2005, 11:28 AM
i am very impressed with the Orion p6.2's, and they can be had for 200 shipped nib with warranty, cant beat that. i would compare the p6.2's a small small small step down from something like the utopia's. the utopias are brighter in the midrange while the p6.2's are bright on the high side.

3.5Max6spd
03-28-2005, 12:37 PM
i am very impressed with the Orion p6.2's, and they can be had for 200 shipped nib with warranty, cant beat that. i would compare the p6.2's a small small small step down from something like the utopia's. the utopias are brighter in the midrange while the p6.2's are bright on the high side.

i couldn't disagree more......I would compare P2's to Diamond's low line- cm3/D3's, giving the edge to the Diamonds

for $300 and under NEW, Rainbow SLC's take my vote

HCCAfan
03-28-2005, 12:45 PM
i couldn't disagree more......I would compare P2's to Diamond's low line- cm3/D3's, giving the edge to the Diamonds

for $300 and under NEW, Rainbow SLC's take my vote
i think maybe you should listen to them in proper enclosures, if you have listened to them before......

we are a diamond dealer.....

tRiGgEr
03-28-2005, 12:51 PM
cough *** cough...

3.5Max6spd
03-28-2005, 01:03 PM
i think maybe you should listen to them in proper enclosures, if you have listened to them before......

so you are comparing enclosed P2's to what? enclosed Utopias?.......ok...

From an IB setup, of which 99% of people run their components-the P2''s are no comparison to Utopias. And my Diamond dealer is also an DEI dealer-the P2 mids do not like to live too long.... they are what they are, an entry level set, install aside...

HCCAfan
03-28-2005, 01:12 PM
considering we sell focal and diamond, and built 2 winning sq vehicles with focal components (one with the utopia 165w3's, the other with the polyglass line), I have my experience in all 3 brands i am discussing. Your missing the point tho. He asked for something under 300, and why not suggest something that has the biggest bang for the buck. Good luck finding the utopias for under 300. as for the diamonds, they are nice as well, but then again bang for your buck i truly believe your getting better performance with the p6.2's in that price range he is looking for. Now if thats too much for you to believe, consider the golden rule that sq is subjective and leave it at that, otherwise we will be chasing eachother's tails all friggin day.

HCCAfan
03-28-2005, 01:15 PM
so you are comparing enclosed P2's to what? enclosed Utopias?.......ok...

From an IB setup, of which 99% of people run their components-the P2''s are no comparison to Utopias. And my Diamond dealer is also an DEI dealer-the P2 mids do not like to live too long.... they are what they are, an entry level set, install aside...
seal em up in about a .4 cubic enclosure, maybe even a little smaller......

as for your reference in them being in a freeair environment, i totally agree, they seem to fall apart. I tried .2 sealed but they got too punchy for my tastes and didnt fill out on the bottom end. .4 seemed to be about the right enclosure.

3.5Max6spd
03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
seal em up in about a .4 cubic enclosure, maybe even a little smaller......

as for your reference in them being in a freeair environment, i totally agree, they seem to fall apart. I tried .2 sealed but they got too punchy for my tastes and didnt fill out on the bottom end. .4 seemed to be about the right enclosure.

now thats good to know.....my buddy is awaiting a mid replacement for his P2's and that info i great since he plans on glassing sealed kicks

HCCAfan
03-28-2005, 01:45 PM
trust me, most of orions component line has been that same way from the past, give em .4 and they shine, however the hcca comps were not my fav's, i chose the xtr's over em.

in a mustang 5.0 (89), solid baffles in the factory speaker location, with the c6.2's, they sounded pretty darn good too.

BoxsterBoy
03-28-2005, 02:06 PM
I'd be tempted to tell you to go try some CANTON QS2.16 if you can find some anywhere.

Worth the listen. Best personal discovery of the year.