PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my setup. "Out of phase?"

Beat_Dominator
03-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I was messing around with my deck today and when I used a CD that has an "in phase" "out of phase" check, it was backwards.

I got a really good soundstage when it played the out of phase test, I was amazed that my car could sound like that :-P

How do you fix this? I once heard you can just switch the +/- for the components? My X-overs have a jumper in them that says "SQ1" and "SQ2" I have no idea wtf that does!

Any help would be great!

JAZN
03-27-2005, 03:58 PM
i dunno what ur SQ1/SQ2 thing does, but if u want something out of phase, u just switch the +/- terminals. u should try switching the polarity on each of ur mids and each of ur tweets till u get the sound just rite.

Beat_Dominator
03-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Sounds good. Can I just change the polarity at the amp? Or can that ruin a X-over?

JAZN
03-27-2005, 04:44 PM
i think changing it at the amp would change the polarity of the entire comp set. i'm not sure cuz i dont know much about x-overs. if u wanna change the mid and tweet polarity separately, u can do that at the x-over outputs.

Beat_Dominator
03-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Right, well I was thinking at the amp because the CD sample basically made it perfect from the in phase to out of phase test.

I'll play around with it and see what happens.

JAZN
03-27-2005, 04:57 PM
I'll play around with it and see what happens.
thats what car audio is all about. nice to see u solving ur own problems :thumbupw: