PDA

View Full Version : Audiophile and otherwise amazing tracks that you need

PV Audio
03-25-2005, 10:23 PM
possible HA forum sticky?

hey y'all. i feel that there should be a thread in the forum with all ur songs that will make your ears bleed from either quality or just sheer amazing playing. any genre goes. here's my list partially from another thread:

John Coltrane - track three off Love Supreme Disc 1 (drum line in the beginning is INSANE)

Ellis Marsalis - entire Heart of Gold CD

George Albright - Georgia on my Mind (live at birdman(imo, my favorite jazz song))

Chick Corea, Pat Metheny, Tim Burton - Country Roads (like minds cd)

Franz Lizst - Hungarian Rhapsody II

Miles Davis - Jam

Fourplay - Can't it Wait 'til Morning (elixir cd)

Michael Jackson - Stranger in Moscow (a good system, and this song will make you cry)

Joshua Redman - Sweet Sorrow (BEAUTIFUL)

Thelonious Monk - The Columbia Years (entire set OWNS joo)

Beethoven - Sonata #8 Pathetique (i can play this track(i've played piano for 12 yrs) but nothing compares to a classical pianist on an 8ft grand piano OMG)

Nas - Thugz Mansion (not the 2pac version, that BLOWS)

and of course...

Illogic - First Trimester

Illogic - I Wish He Would Make Me

Blockhead - Music by Cavelight (entire CD OWNS)

DJ Tiesto - entire Just Be and In My Memory cds

i'm up for trying anything new, so whatcha got?

PV Audio
03-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Bach - Toccata in B (pipe organ only, it is one of the scariest songs ever if played correctly)

JimJ
03-26-2005, 02:37 AM
Telarc's recording of 1812 Overture
Eagles - Hotel California
Dire Straits - Tunnel of Love, Sultans of Swing, Lady Writer
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Eva Cassidy - Wayfaring Stranger, Wade in the Water
Clapton - Layla (unplugged version)
Derek and the Dominoes - Layla (entire album...if you don't have it, get it anyway)
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Bob Dylan - Times They Are-A Changin' (same goes for the two above...)
Harry Connick Jr. - Just Kiss Me (coming from a former trumpet player...it's so good, it hurts to listen to)

qwerty778
03-31-2005, 11:04 PM
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Porcupine Tree - "In Absentia" (entire album)
Eagles - "Hell Freezes Over"

bhsswrstlr
04-06-2005, 11:18 PM
tool-prison ***

with the right sub, in the right box...this will blow your mind

Beat_Dominator
04-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Any Dire Straights from "Brothers in arms album" :)

Don Ross "Big Buck" (really hard to find).

PV Audio
04-07-2005, 12:03 AM
tool-prison ***

with the right sub, in the right box...this will blow your mind
this is not about bass my friend, it is about making your ears bleed beautiful sound. there's already a bass song and movie thread.

Quart2000
04-12-2005, 11:43 PM
Bach - Toccata in B (pipe organ only, it is one of the scariest songs ever if played correctly)

How about - Johann Sebastian Bach, Toccata in D minor.

PV Audio
04-13-2005, 04:38 PM
How about - Johann Sebastian Bach, Toccata in D minor.
that was what i meant to type. i'd just listened to bass mechanik, so i said b instead of d :rolleyes: . but u knew what i meant

noob with an RS
04-13-2005, 04:45 PM
do or die - do u

(nice tweet response if you ask me.)

OdieTRP
04-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Enya - Caribbean Blue

JimJ
04-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Eva Cassidy - Wade in the Water, Wayfaring Stranger

Excellent stand-up bass.

adam71
04-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Steely Dan - Peg and Josie from the album - Aja (ultra disc)
Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen from Gaucho DVD-Audio

Tchaikovsky - 1812 overture Excelsior release

Spies - Music of Espionage (entire disc)

Eagles - Hotle California DVD Audio

95Eclipse
05-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Clair Marlo - All For the Feeling
Annie Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass

dkc62
05-04-2005, 09:31 AM
nine inch nails "hurt"

squeak9798
05-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I just got my IASCA Reference CD in the mail :thumbupw: It's a great CD for testing out your system....especially since the booklet includes maps of where all the instruments should be located :D

JAZN
05-12-2005, 02:39 PM
where'd ya get that brad?

PV Audio
05-12-2005, 07:20 PM
rip and send it to meeee!

JAZN
05-12-2005, 07:53 PM
i would rather buy it so i can have the booklet too. and original stuff looks all nice and stuff and yea ok.

squeak9798
05-13-2005, 10:26 AM
where'd ya get that brad?

http://www.iasca.com/store/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F6807529&rnd=1474519&rrc=N&affl=&cip=66.170.62.245&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=multimedia_cd&cat=multimedia&catstr=HOME:multimedia

Pretty nice. It's got a track for phase, a couple of tracks with voices/drums for imaging, plus the actual sound tracks for staging & imaging & tonality, plus some sine sweeps that'll rattle your teeth (for those days you feel like seeing what you can do :naughty: )

Autosound2k has some nice test discs much like these also. Don't know if they come with the nifty little map layouts though.

However, I just realized yesterday that I have some bunching at each end of my soundstage (in my car) :(

JAZN
05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
w00t thanx squeak, just bought the cd...$7 shipping for a fricken cd?

ax600
05-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Yellow-flag

Genisis-we cant dance
Incaparica
Pink Floyd-divisionbelle
madona - emaculate collection
They Might Be Giants-Flood
Dire Straits-brothers in armbs

squeak9798
05-13-2005, 10:51 PM
w00t thanx squeak, just bought the cd...$7 shipping for a fricken cd?

FWIW, they ship quickly :p: Got mine in only a couple days.

But be careful.....once you listen to the Pink Panther theme song, it's almost impossible to get back out of your head :( :(

JAZN
05-13-2005, 10:56 PM
lol cant wait. is that song like some crazy SQ song or something?

squeak9798
05-13-2005, 10:59 PM
lol cant wait. is that song like some crazy SQ song or something?

Amazingly; yes :) It actually sounds pretty cool in my car.....but then I walked around for the next 2 hours humming it......

JAZN
05-13-2005, 11:54 PM
haha i better not listen to it then. any progress on your car? summer's coming ;)

adam71
05-14-2005, 01:33 AM
However, I just realized yesterday that I have some bunching at each end of my soundstage (in my car) :(

I feel your pain brother squeak. That has to be the single hardest thing to correct in car audio is the "soundstage". Sure its not too hard to raise it up or push it back but if you have bunching, its not as easy as turning a knob or moving a tweeter. I still don't have a clue what I'm going to do. My bunching is on the left (drivers) side of the stage. I thought time alignment would fix this (though it did help alot) but not totally. :mad:

Strecker25
05-14-2005, 12:12 PM
any steely dan sounds amazing, dire straits is awesome too, although many of their recordings are very quiet (especially money for nothing album)

if you want to hear your speakers scream put in "Crossfire" by Stevie Ray, or go for "couldn't stand the weather" the snare in that song will blow you away.

squeak9798
05-14-2005, 12:46 PM
haha i better not listen to it then. any progress on your car? summer's coming ;)

Sound deadened some more :p: I seriously need to start working on it......haven't found the time yet :( However, I still have ~3 weeks vacation to use up :)

I feel your pain brother squeak. That has to be the single hardest thing to correct in car audio is the "soundstage". Sure its not too hard to raise it up or push it back but if you have bunching, its not as easy as turning a knob or moving a tweeter. I still don't have a clue what I'm going to do. My bunching is on the left (drivers) side of the stage. I thought time alignment would fix this (though it did help alot) but not totally.

I know, I hate it :mad: The middle 3 drum beats sound excellent and are spaced nicely. But the two at each end come from the exact same place. No separation at all between them :crying:

Beat_Dominator
05-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I just remembered I own Tracy Chapman's first CD. That thing is great because she goes a capella a lot and the guitar/drums have great separation.

azbass
05-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Eagles - "Hell Freezes Over"

i love that cd

flakko
05-16-2005, 08:15 PM
i love that cd

ya i like the acousticness of hotel cali.

azbass
05-18-2005, 11:44 PM
i would rather buy it so i can have the booklet too. and original stuff looks all nice and stuff and yea ok.

i have like 4, ( ima iasca judge) i could find one for you

adam71
05-19-2005, 08:00 AM
i have like 4, ( ima iasca judge) i could find one for you

OOOO OOOO me me me, I would love to have one if you could. Hell I'd copy it and send it back to you. ;)

bhsswrstlr
05-19-2005, 08:02 AM
this is not about bass my friend, it is about making your ears bleed beautiful sound. there's already a bass song and movie thread.

i didnt say it was about the bass, i did say it would blow your mind. the bass is just one part of the song....thanks though.