PDA

View Full Version : pioneer REv vs Alpine Type R simple q

MDDrew
03-25-2005, 08:59 PM
which will be the loudest and clearest out of the two? if uve heard them

the coaxials not compenents

Sleeklsc
03-25-2005, 09:13 PM
ive heard that the rev series 6 1/2's wang hard for a 2 way....the alpine r's are also a great buy.....imo flip a coin...but...........are you using an amp or a h/u..if so what kind and how many watties:)

MDDrew
03-25-2005, 09:20 PM
amp 60 watts rms

bri487
03-25-2005, 09:39 PM
ive heard that the rev series 6 1/2's wang hard for a 2 way....the alpine r's are also a great buy.....imo flip a coin...but...........are you using an amp or a h/u..if so what kind and how many watties:)

i have the rev's in my boat. it is the loudest most durable coaxial i have come across. they have a slightly larger tweeter than most of the other coaxials out right now. i have played a lot with them trying to get my tower to be louder and louder. right now i think that the rev series is the best coaxial as far as being the loudest. it depends on what you are looking for out of them.

johnecon2001
03-25-2005, 09:52 PM
The REV coaxials are pretty good as mentioned before. But the components I've had trouble with.. twice. The first time was with a customer who didnt want to amp them and just ran them off of HU power... the mids blew in a year. the second install was with them amped at 55watts RMS. Same thing happend.. after a year the mids blew. So on that note, I would stay away from the Components in the series.

The alpines I've had no problems with, both amped and not.

bri487
03-25-2005, 11:03 PM
The REV coaxials are pretty good as mentioned before. But the components I've had trouble with.. twice. The first time was with a customer who didnt want to amp them and just ran them off of HU power... the mids blew in a year. the second install was with them amped at 55watts RMS. Same thing happend.. after a year the mids blew. So on that note, I would stay away from the Components in the series.

The alpines I've had no problems with, both amped and not.

the coaxials i have had no problems with at all. i have two zapco 750.2's on them and there are 12 of them all together. that is 125 watts per speaker. i am sure it is getting every bit of that 125 watts too, with 14.4 volts all of the time and 16 volt input to the amps.