PDA

View Full Version : pioneer+ipod=control ipod from HU?

JAZN
03-25-2005, 06:34 AM
been searching but i only get the alpine+ipod info. if i connect an ipod mini to my pioneer HU thru the aux, can i control the ipod from the HU? this is gonna make or break my ipod purchase so help would be awesome :D

loserpunk
03-25-2005, 10:38 AM
i know pioneer said sometime this spring they'd have a connection that would allow you to hook up an ipod and control it through the h/u, now i'm not 100% sure this came out, but i think it was released recently

EDIT: i found this http://www.pioneerusa.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_2007714_192089315,00.html

bonesninja
03-25-2005, 11:31 AM
ditch the pio get alpine

g30ffr3y
03-25-2005, 12:59 PM
that alpine ipod thing is supposed to **** bad... you cant
even scroll through your whole ipod... what a POS...

theres a pioneer ipod adaptor... look on crutchfield its
119.99 and should be out at the end of the month...

is supposed to work like the alpine except better...

chefboyrlee
03-25-2005, 01:04 PM
i'm disappointed in the alpine ipod interface. i think its gonna be awhile before these companies can get it right. the alpine can contol something like 500 songs/artists? anyways, i have a 40 gig ipod. i can search though artists up to about the letter "D" if i want to find somethign passed that, i have disconnect the ipod browse...then reconnect.
however, the ipod is great at playlists....if u can make a bunch of playlists through itunes, it's very easy to access those songs...

bonesninja
03-25-2005, 01:52 PM
...i never experienced any of those problems with my ipod and interface.........

JAZN
03-25-2005, 02:39 PM
alritey thanks for the help guys. i'll wait till 4/15 when theyre out and get one.

g30ffr3y
03-25-2005, 02:42 PM
i plan to do the same thing...

to that guy without problems with his alpine... do you have over 500 artists,
albums or songs in your ipod???

every review i read says that it has crazy issues with the AiNet bus
not being fast enough to read the whole ipod...

chefboyrlee
03-25-2005, 03:52 PM
it's pretty slow at reading the songs/info. however, the mp3 playback on my iva-d300 sounds pretty good. let us know how the pioneer interface comes out.
also, if i pick an artist deep into the alphabet...let's say R (radiohead) i cant view (or figure out how to display) the songs/albums for that artist. the directory brings me back to the beginning of the alphabet for song searching/artist searching/playlist searching...in short, i think the interface needs A LOT of improvement. y cant they just make an itunes program for these things...i mean my headunit costs as much as a laptop...

THX
03-25-2005, 06:10 PM
The Alpine interface is s-l-o-w. Just because they make great head units doesn't automatically mean their ipod adapter is 100% perfect. The Ai-Net bus needs a major overhaul for 2006 if we want perfect ipod integration. Imo Alpine had the perfect oppurtunity to sell more HU's this year if they fixed it, but from now until next year you'll hear many people on Ipodlounge recommend Pioneers over Alpine. It's too bad they dropped the ball. :(

Getting back to Pioneer's adapter, their interface is even supposed to mimic the ipod's menu, so we can finally browse through genre on top of everything else. An email from Pioneer tech support says their adapter can see all the songs on the ipods. Only thing left to know is how fast can we scroll?

edit:

y cant they just make an itunes program for these things
Head units would need more memory to run something like iTunes. The ipod has to send the HU it's entire song library list. Once that's stored in the head unit we should be able to scroll as fast as we want. With Alpine, each time you scroll to the next artist you have to communicate back & forth with the ipod. :\