PDA

View Full Version : My Box Plans: What You Will Get When You Buy Plans From Me

bcarpenterfhl
03-23-2005, 09:48 PM
i've been getting into designing boxes for people now. feel free to PM me if you're interested. Prices start at $5, and vary from box to box. Though, a design from me will never exceed $15.

Heres a sample of what you will get:
http://img26.exs.cx/img26/733/boxdesignfor2pioneertsw1500spl.jpg

joeldirt
03-23-2005, 09:51 PM
you also include step by step instruction for construction if they ask right? A design may be bad *** but if you get someone that isnt exactly mechanically inclined it may turn out like ***. DOnt want that.

bcarpenterfhl
03-23-2005, 09:56 PM
yea, i have a ton of experience building boxes. i would have no problem including step by step build instructions, or tips on sealing, screw placement, glue, cutting, etc. it just happened that the person i designed this for didn't need the step by step instructions.

however, as a much as i like to make money, i would never advise someone with no experience in fundamental carpentry skills and basic building. but many people with limited experience are still very capable in completing such a task. difficulty of the build will be greatly influenced by the complexity of the box.

joeldirt
03-23-2005, 10:23 PM
yea, i have a ton of experience building boxes. i would have no problem including step by step build instructions, or tips on sealing, screw placement, glue, cutting, etc. it just happened that the person i designed this for didn't need the step by step instructions.

however, as a much as i like to make money, i would never advise someone with no experience in fundamental carpentry skills and basic building. but many people with limited experience are still very capable in completing such a task. difficulty of the build will be greatly influenced by the complexity of the box.

I know what oyu are saying. I am walking a guy in GA through a box right now. He isnt an idiot by any means, but still my construction techniques are a bit different then jsut slapping a few boards together to get an internal volume. He seems to be doing well so far, but it is alot more comunication involved then I thought there would have to be. I am going to have to get bassboxpro 6 in order to clarify things. I drew everyhting out free hand and walked him through making an exact copy of what i had drawn on my paper. I eventually got to a fax mschine and faxed him my drawings and specs. Now the project is going alot smoother. He is going to have a really nice box by the time this is done. It is for two RE SE12's. A box with two seperate chambers of 2.5ft3 ea. tuned to 35hz. Walking him through step by step to get a perfect outcome is quite a project. I am glad he has common sence and access to tools. Most people I wouldnt spend the time with. But he seems like he can handle the project with the results I woudl expect out of my self. So it also makes it easy when money isnt that much of an issue. he went ahead and bought alot of his own tools for the project, and doesnt seem to worried about cost of materials. We are doing a fiberglassed top aplication and amp rack. With BLue LED's (hopefully) glowing through the ports. I cnat wait to see the end result. So far he has the pieces cut out and the dados and rabets cut (I think)

InhumanAcura
03-23-2005, 10:36 PM
this forum is becoming a ****ing joke

bcarpenterfhl
03-23-2005, 10:39 PM

y you say that?

Pyro_By_Nature
03-23-2005, 10:41 PM
You know anything about rear loaded horns?

bcarpenterfhl
03-23-2005, 10:43 PM

cant say that i do, sorry. i should've mentioned earlier that my knowledge is limited to sealed and ported boxes.

JimJ
03-23-2005, 10:46 PM
tsk tsk...so Voight pipes are out of the question...oh well.

BUMPING150S
03-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Man thats a nice box design Ill keep you in mind. Thats a very detailed list I like how you say what sieze to cut what piece. NICE WORK!!

joeldirt
03-23-2005, 10:53 PM

I am pretty sure that carpenter and myself don't flaunt our skills or say that we are god's gift to the Car Audio industry. Actually most people arent all that interested in building rear loaded horn enclosures, compound loaded enclosures, transmision line enclsures so on and so forth. Most people enjoy the Acronym "KISS" AKA "keep it simple stupid". Unles you are into competitions, or what not, the other types of enclosures are not necesary for your basic car audio guy, whether if he is the customer or the installer. This isnt a thread to see who knows the mosdt abot designing boxes, or who can make who look like they don't knwo their *** from a hole in the ground. It's simple conversation. And Carpenter offers a service to the most common customer, for a good price. How will you provide a service, and gather a reputation if you do not market your self?

joeldirt
03-23-2005, 10:57 PM

are you refering to every one advertising? Do you rather a forum that revolves arround bull shittin?

InhumanAcura
03-23-2005, 11:01 PM
y you say that?

[looks around] :uhoh: [/looks around]

are you refering to every one advertising? Do you rather a forum that revolves arround bull shittin?

yes among other things....this IS bullshit

JimJ
03-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Actually most people arent all that interested in building rear loaded horn enclosures, compound loaded enclosures, transmision line enclsures so on and so forth. Most people enjoy the Acronym "KISS" AKA "keep it simple stupid".

And most people in car audio don't know two shits from an Ohm, whether that makes it right or not is something else :D It was a valid question...

Randy Savage
03-23-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm going to close this, we will discuss whether or not this type of thread is permitted and go from there.