PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-9835

TimberJon
03-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Yes its been discussed. When I search for it I get 3 results.

Ive heard good things, Ive heard really bad things.

I find it hard for a HU that costs so **** much to have people say such bad things about it. losers that just arent mechanically/technically inclined I say..

Fortunately for me, This HU has more good reviews than bad ones. It is especially encouraging to hear the Audiophile Vets say theyve owned 5+ Alpine Units in the past and love the 9835.

I use this HU, and I love it too. BUT!

I HEARD!! I heard. that this particular HU requires more power from the vehicles electrical system, and requires a special adapter unit for the antennae hookup.

NOW! I searched around on Cardomain.com and found a special little antenna adapter thing thats about $6 for my car. (Nissan Maxima) BUT I never bought it or installed it in my vehicle. I know because I watched my audio guys install it every step of the way. All 10 minutes of it.. They also did not do anything special for the power.

So my question is -[and I apologize for history of lengthy and detailed questions]-

Am I supposed to use a particular gauge cable?
Am I supposed to fuse and splice a specific gauge line directly into the harness connector for the HU?
And about the antenna connector? Any special wiring?

Because I dont notice anything... faulty. Checked the Heat coming from the HU bay from the interior of the dash and it is within the normal range.

BIG question is, could my HU be installed all funky? Cause I want it legit.

destruction
03-23-2005, 05:12 PM
if you use your internal amp on the hu then i am guessing you may need to upgrade your wiring. if anything, you would just need a bigger constant. i run my 7998 on stock wiring and have had zero problems. i don't use the internal amp either

Slody4Futbol
03-23-2005, 05:18 PM
some nissans need an antenna adapter because the factory antenna is not the standard motorola antenna... with 1 center prong... it's about the circumference of a dime and has 2 short prongs... but your maxima may not need it... and like said above... if you plan on running the internal amp... then you may want to run like a 12 gauge wire directly to the battery with the appropriate fuse on it just in case...

TimberJon
03-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Ahhh. I see.. Because the stock power cords generally are cheap as hell, small gage, and NOT fused or connected directly to the battery.. gotcha.

In case I ever remove my amps... Should i use maybe.. 4 or 6 or 8 ga directly from battery to fuse to HU? Just curious. Good to know these things, I always print out my thread posts and file them away. =)

Thanks alot all.

Slody4Futbol
03-23-2005, 05:37 PM
well they are fused... but are usually like 14/16 gauge... since the 9835 has a slightly bigger internal amp... they say it's better to run thicker wire straight to the battery... i would just use 12 gauge with a fuse at the battery... 4 gauge would be overkill for a headunit... you'd have fun connecting that to the harness lol

3.5Max6spd
03-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Yes its been discussed. When I search for it I get 3 results.

Ive heard good things, Ive heard really bad things.

I find it hard for a HU that costs so **** much to have people say such bad things about it. losers that just arent mechanically/technically inclined I say..

What are these horribly,bad things people are saying about the 9835?
Gereral concessus in this forum and by their users is that its a solid deck...weird

formlua5150
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
You really catalog and print out your posts?