PDA

View Full Version : Clarion dxz735 question

Hippie2684
03-23-2005, 05:16 PM
recently got this head unit and in setting it up i am a bit confused.... usually adjusting the bass and treble on my previous HU effects only my front and rear.... however with this unit it appears that the sub output is affected too.... I am quite sure i have used the correct preamp out, since my sub volume on the unit directly effects my 12"s.

Is this just how this HU works.... or have i missed something.... or possibly not set it up right?

thx for any thoughts givin.

LeX
03-24-2005, 11:41 AM
if you adjust bass then the sub will increase as well. It just works that way. Then your subwoofer control can be your bass boost

Hippie2684
03-24-2005, 06:22 PM
.... well how do i prevent the low frequencies from going through my rear and front speakers?.... shouldn't most low frequencies just be in my sub... mids in rear... highs up front?

LeX
03-24-2005, 06:44 PM
yeah they should lol....

one of the reasons why i don't use that HU any more (my 835) but it's great otherwise except it washes out in the sun

Hippie2684
03-24-2005, 08:13 PM
so..... it's clarion.... not me? :)

pretty much if i wanna have better control.... get a better deck...?

and any suggestions between an alpine or eclipse deck as my next.... or another name i should try?

LeX
03-24-2005, 09:56 PM
lots of people seem to like pioneer's higher end decks over the alpine, lots like alpine, and a good number will recommend you eclipse.

There's nothing wrong with that clarion deck, i really like the deck you have besides the only flaws i see, the screen washing out and the subwoofer issues so to speak.

I would just keep it and maybe get an external equalizer. THe deck itself is pretty nice