PDA

View Full Version : Good 6x8s?

DetoxLS
03-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Im looking for a descent pair of 6x8s. They are for the rear so i do not need anything perfect. I am looking for good midbass.

Chris

Dj-torn
03-23-2005, 09:24 AM
So that you don't have to waste your money amping the rear speaker i would say get a pair of pioneer. They work great running off just the HU.
OR
Visit a local Circiut City or Best Buy, play to one of your CD's and listen to the different speakeks, pick the one you think sounds best to you and that fits your budget.

DetoxLS
03-23-2005, 01:09 PM
I have my stock speakers that actually sounded good when they were amped. They are now running off the HU and sound pretty bad at lower volumes. Will getting new speakers and not amping them make that much of difference? Im deciding what do do with my system right now and might have 2 open channels on a good 4ch.

Chris

FiReAntZ
03-23-2005, 03:03 PM
I have a friend who just put some alpine type-r 6x8s in his 03 ranger. They sound good. They weren't too expensive either (he got them from best buy).

Dj-torn
03-23-2005, 06:35 PM
I have my stock speakers that actually sounded good when they were amped. They are now running off the HU and sound pretty bad at lower volumes. Will getting new speakers and not amping them make that much of difference? Im deciding what do do with my system right now and might have 2 open channels on a good 4ch.

Chris

When i changed my stock speakers in the rear for pioneer 6x9 5-ways ($70 ebay) it made one heck of a differance.
The reason that i don't recomend that you amp your rears is so that you can spend that extra money for the front of your car, since that is where you are sepnding most of you time. But in the end the option is up to you, and if you feel that the stock speakers sound better with an amp, then go for it. But if you decide to upgrade let us know on the how much you willing to spend on everything and what size speakers fit in your car, if you don't know that then tell us what kind of car you have and we can help you find the what fits or is better for your money.

DetoxLS
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM
I have amped MB Quart RCE-213 5.25 components up front and 2 stock rears running off the HU(they were on the amp). I was going to put a sub on the open 2 channels of the 4ch amp but decided to get a separate amp. So now I have two open channels on the US ascoustics 4ch. I was thinking of getting a good set of 6x8s to amp since the 5.25" quarts dont put out much midbass.
I am pretty much open to anything right now.

Chris