PDA

View Full Version : Head unit problems

livingsacrifice
03-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I just recently installed a nice Premier deh-p960mp in my car the other day and it worked fine for about a day or two. Then I took a nice trip down the road and after I got about halfway there this loud obnoxious buzzing occured from the headunit. I figured it was the RCA cables so I spent all of the next day checking and replacing them moving them around but I still got the uncontrollable buzzing. I narrowed it down to it being something with the RCAs going to my highs amp (which is first brought to an AudioControl DXS since the amp has no onboard crossover). This is what I don't get though, the deck has 6.5v outputs and if I turn the input on my DXS any higher then about 10% the loud buzzing occurs and the LED light saying maxed voltage comes on. However the highs aren't loud enough with it just turned up that much. I tried to bypass the DXS completely but the highs don't make any sound at all that way. Any suggestions, I am clueless.

M@nJo
03-22-2005, 07:47 PM
are the rca cables and power wire away from each other?

when does this buzzing noise occur?

livingsacrifice
03-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Yes they are on seperate sides of the car. Like I said before if the gains on the DXS are turned above like 10% the buzzing starts. This is uncontrollable too forcing me to turn off the deck