PDA

View Full Version : need box builder!!

noob with an RS
03-22-2005, 07:44 AM
hey guys i'm going to be in the need for a box to be built. it's going to be for ONE 12-inch idMAX enclosure. it's going to be seeing 1000 watts RMS. who wants to build the box for me? whoever i think has the best deal and knowledge/reference i'll go with them. please tell me what u recommend for the enclosure (sealed/ported tuned to what).. i'm thinking maybe i should go ported though since i'm going with one 12 inch. i like listening to rap, R&B, some alternative.. and i love SQL.. and don't want to ruin the SQ because of going to ported enclosure.. but i've never built a box nor had experience with experimenting with different types of enclosures so don't go by my preference too much, if you think you know what will sound good and rock my car then please tell me what u can do for me.. well, PM or reply here please.

jellyfish420
03-22-2005, 09:22 AM
do you need someone to build it, or just design it? pm me

swimfreak26
03-22-2005, 01:11 PM
I'll build one for you, $75 + shipping carpeted, $60+ shipping bare.

I would reccomend ported, tuned low. PM me, or hit me up on AIM sometime tonight swimfreak26.

Chris

noob with an RS
03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
i need a box built. any more interested candidates? i'm planning to gather a couple of you box-builders' infos up and then pick one. but if no ones replying then i guess i'll just have to choose from the select few who reply.. so far, two people are interested in building a box for me. i'll probably PM u guys tonight. if not, tomorrow.

ngsm13
03-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, where are you located?

NG

InhumanAcura
03-22-2005, 06:43 PM
i dont have time anymore these days...Id highly recommend Moe Lester, send him a PM

nikosbuddy
03-22-2005, 06:46 PM
x2 ^

noob with an RS
03-22-2005, 07:37 PM
ok.. so so far i have two recommendations for moe lester. i think i may just go with him unless someone(s) start vouching for someone who might be abhle to build better boxes. anyone had their box built by moe lester? if so, what do u guys think of it?

Pyro_By_Nature
03-23-2005, 08:10 PM
PM me

Randy Savage
03-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Where do you live?

carguy83
03-23-2005, 09:12 PM
pm Moe Lester...he does great work. i bought a box from him back in january :)

iceteebone
03-23-2005, 09:17 PM
i have a ported box for a single 12 i'm looking to get rid of. it's 2.5 cubes after displacement tuned to 30 hz. mad out of 3/4" mdf. let me know if you are interested.

Blados
03-23-2005, 09:24 PM
i dont have time anymore these days...Id highly recommend Moe Lester, send him a PM
x2 He made me a box today and he's shipping it tomorrow. This is the second box I bought from him. He does a great job.

joeldirt
03-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I wish I could help you out. I'll be back home with the tools in about a month... I CAN"T WAIT TO GO HOME! ! ! ! :mad:

bcarpenterfhl
03-23-2005, 11:50 PM
whats the fun in having someone else build it?

JimJ
03-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Not all of us have our workshops available :)

Mine's sitting 200 miles away, for example :(

bcarpenterfhl
03-24-2005, 12:23 AM
a workshop is hardly necessary. a jigsaw and an electric drill are the only tools one needs to have (except glue, silicone, and screws. all of which can be purchased at a local hardware store dirt cheap). ask a neighbor or something. shouldnt be that hard to find.

joeldirt
03-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Not every one wants to do it them self. Even though we know the dificulty level is not that hard, some people jsut prefer to have others do the work for them..... I don't understand the concept, but I do know somepeople tend to get butt hurt if they keep getting pressured to do it them selfs.

Your thread got locked out..... Thats so ghetto. It's amazing how butt hurt every one gets. I mean, maybe it is best advertising openly like that isnt a good idea. The "PM me" is probably the best method. Or, if you see someone asking for designs (like we do all the time) just hit them an instant message and give them the details. After a while your work will speak for its self, and you wont have to worry about people getting all butt hurt. (As if it hurts them) :up2somet:

I think your signature is advertising enough in its self........

bcarpenterfhl
03-24-2005, 12:36 AM
oh well. few constructive things ever get posted in the box building forum. not my problem, i know my box sh1t. i dont need the money, i was just trying to be helpful.

HOAX_1
03-24-2005, 12:38 AM
ScottieJ if he has time, builds an amazing box. My specs were met within a 16th of an inch, no chit. Also, Darkhart has a guy out here that builds them

joeldirt
03-24-2005, 12:52 AM
oh well. few constructive things ever get posted in the box building forum. not my problem, i know my box sh1t. i dont need the money, i was just trying to be helpful.

Yeah I know what you mean.... I try to be helpful aswell. But you have your knowit all's who are the punk jerks who always bash on every one, who are worthless..... THen you have your knownothings who always add in their two sence.... and then you ahve the people who are too lazy or too afraid to do things themself... Makes you wonder why they don't just go to a car audio store in their local town rather then waste time in this forum that is MADE FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING....... I ask when I don't know so that i can aply the knowlege my self.. and I give knowlege of what i do know jsut like you and Req. I try not to come off as a know it all, but I love this shtuff, and I love helping people out, it is a good time killer and very constructive most of the time, when I am at work and I have nothing to do since the helicoptors are out flying arround. I love when there is a good question asked, that way if I dont knwo someone is bound to have the answer, and I learn somthing new.... If no one has the answer and I do, I gladly hand allong the knowlege.... If many people have many different answers, I give mine as well so that there are even more options available.... YOu aint doing anything wrong at all. But I wanted to say, with your signature...... If I didnt know jack Sh*t about designing boxes, you woudl be the first one I would trust jsut by the professionalism of how you present your self... Being as though I have read many of your threads, i trust you do know your stuff as well. YOu seem to be very knowlegable.

nycspudz03
04-18-2005, 06:28 PM
I am a boxbuilder. I make custom enclosures that are specifically made for your car, sub, and the SQ you are looking for. I would be able to make you one for $110. that includes shipping cost and carpeting. If interested you can e-mail me. Thanks for your time.

InhumanAcura
04-18-2005, 06:44 PM
I am a boxbuilder. I make custom enclosures that are specifically made for your car, sub, and the SQ you are looking for. I would be able to make you one for $110. that includes shipping cost and carpeting. If interested you can e-mail me. Thanks for your time.

thanks for bringing this thread back, got a laugh out of this post..

singlesubsetup
04-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Well I"m in the same situation, I need one built, and to answer the question "why do people come on here asking for people to build one" .... the reason is like me, I've went to my local shop to ask them and they want to charge you an ARM & A LEG & YOUR FIRST BORN...

2nd my issues are my box needs to be built *in car* sealed off from the trunk, as it will be firing into the cabin, you cant just go somewhere and have someone build a box and slam a 18" sub in your car....

I don't know what the big deal is, it's all about supply and demand, someone needs a box built, someone SHOULD be happy to offer to build one for a fee... what in the world is wrong with this... were not in Iraq are we?

nismboy6986
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
you could have just brought my old idmax box. too late now though.