PDA

View Full Version : Please help with box plans for two type r 12's

88crxsi
03-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Ok we got rid of the crappy slot ported box because it made the type r sound like ****. Ok please help me so my g/f has a good setup. We ordered a hifonics bx1205d which is 1200 watts at 1 ohm. Could people that have alpines give me there box plans there using and tell me if you have it ported or sealed. How you like it. How hard does it hit? Whats the sq like on your setup. We are building this in like two days so I need plans quick. Please help. The dimensions we have to work with is depth 30 width 36 and H 16. Please help us with box plans.

thank you.

88crxsi
03-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Ok we just ordered the hifonics amp and a pioneer deh6700 hu. We are going to buy another type r tommorow. We decided sealed is the best setup for this. Isnt the standard about 1.25 cubes sealed? Any help would be awsome we need to get this system wangin. Could we use the bp300.1 for component speakers or can you not use a mona amp for components? Its 150 rms at 4ohms. If we get her door speakers, 6x9's and tweets would that amp work good to power those?

Jason84
03-20-2005, 02:05 AM
i person dont like the way any alpine subs sound.... if you want really clean good sound try a nice DD sub or premiers i think sound really good and are cheap...

and you want a stereo amp for components.. mono for components would be just blowing them up and sound horrible....

and 6x9s in the door ??? what kind of vehicle is this a semi?

88crxsi
03-20-2005, 02:12 AM
No not in the door those go in the back lol. The doors are going to be 5x7. I like the alpines. I heard them in someone elses car and they sounded good. Those were 15's but not to much different. Plus we already bought one. Not just going to get rid of this one. We are getting another. Later if she wants she can upgrade. So please anyone that knows box sizes for sealed. What should the box be tuned to? How man cubes?

bcarpenterfhl
03-20-2005, 03:01 AM
uhh look at the reccomended enclosure specs from Alpine.

88crxsi
03-20-2005, 10:14 AM
The reccomended specs is like .8 but I read in one thread jmac said he thought it was to small of a box for the subs.