PDA

View Full Version : Help out an audio newb with buying Components?

Terrible2
03-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Hey guys. On my journey for picking up the perfect set of comp's I came across this forum. After some searching I have a few ideas, but the local shops don't carry these speakers. I need opinions/suggestions. Within my budget of around $200, I'm considering these:

DLS MS6
CDT EF61CFi/25
Rainbow ?
RE ?

Or anything comparable not listed. Please help, thanks!

Sleeklsc
03-19-2005, 03:02 AM
out of those i'd go with either the cdt's or dls....the rainbows are good but im not sure about there lower lines..

p.s. dont buy retail...can be had much much cheaper if found at the right location:)

edit: also , do you like ear peircing highs or nice smooth highs(treble)???

squeak9798
03-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey guys. On my journey for picking up the perfect set of comp's I came across this forum. After some searching I have a few ideas, but the local shops don't carry these speakers. I need opinions/suggestions. Within my budget of around $200, I'm considering these:

DLS MS6
CDT EF61CFi/25
Rainbow ?
RE ?

Or anything comparable not listed. Please help, thanks!

Rainbow Dreamline
RE Re series
OZ Audio Vector Series
Crystal CSC-643 (T or S)
Focal Access
Boston Acoustics FS60
Diamond Audio M361
MB Quart RCE216

Terrible2
03-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks Squeak! I listen to mainly Rock/Metal and Rap/Hip-Hop. Also, these are going in a 2nd Gen. MR2, fairly small cabin if that makes a difference. New list...

DLS MS6
CDT EF-61 CFi/25
Rainbow Dreamline
RE Re Series
OZ Audio Vector Series
Crystal CSC-643 (T or S)
Focal Access
Boston Acoustics FS60
Diamond Audio M361
MB Quart RCE216

Too many speakers that I've never heard, lol. Now I need suggestions.... Thanks!

djdilliodon
03-19-2005, 04:47 PM
its now the ef-61cfi/24. cdt has a new tweeter out that is included. They finally made the housing smaller so its easier to install than the tw25s and the tweeter is even better :)

BOOKER
03-20-2005, 12:49 PM
From the previous list 'n 4 the price I only have experience with the BA FS60, that's what I'm running right now, nice 'n clean sound.
A nice comp set FOR THE PRICE. :greedy:

:thumbupw:

Terrible2
03-24-2005, 01:32 AM
I know some of you guys have heard these speakers.... I need your opinions. I don't have access to ANY of these components locally.

justsayk
03-24-2005, 03:03 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those suggestions if they are properly installed. I chose a DLS set and I like it a lot.

Stangs400
03-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Ok, first off i was kinda in your same position, looking at about the same speaker lines, i decided to save up a tad bit more money and go up a line. I am very happy with my decision of doing so! After about umm 2 months or searching and picking my own brain and all the other well if i go with this and that, i decided on going with rainbow. I knew they made very good speakers and most of there money they get goes into R&D. This was a big plus, so i took the plunge and went with the soundlines, a step above the dream line. When i first installed them, i loved the tweets. very crisp and detailed but yet not tingy and harsh like a metal tweet(there silk btw). the midbass on the other hand seemed flat and lacking. after adjusting my eq's a little bit it woke em up a tad bit but for some reason not enough. But i figured i had to let them break in. So i did. after about a few days, not constant listening, they started waking up! Seemed like they were a new speaker. I have 150 watts rms runnin to them and they handle it like champs! I am, very very satisfied with rainbow, as they would easily compete with high high end home audio( i work in audio store in the winter, and i know hard comparision but if you break down the basics of it, you can kind of understand). would i keep the speakers forever? Possible, but probably not, i wanna try some DLS, so these babies will be out pretty soon lol. Rainbow and DLS have my vote ! Hope this kind of helps.....you guys think this should go in the review section? lol kinda long...

JimJ
03-24-2005, 08:10 AM
you guys think this should go in the review section? lol kinda long...

Not really that long :) Thanks for the informal review, though!

Terrible2
03-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the reply Stangs. I'm really leaning toward the DLS's right now. Unless someone convinces me otherwise, that's probably what I'll end up with.

chefboyrlee
03-25-2005, 01:34 AM
i dont know if they are in your budget, but i just got a set of diamond audio hex 600s. the tweets are awesome (silk). i'm only feeding them 50 watts rms. i feel like the mid's are a bit lacking because they are bit under powered. i think if i givem 150 and above the mids will fill in.

cappy72
03-25-2005, 08:28 AM
I dont want to persuade your decision but I have a set of RE comps that I am getting rid of for 125 shipped