PDA

View Full Version : My Alpine Skips!!!

noob with an RS
03-18-2005, 02:41 PM
hey i have an alpine 7995. when i play just-burnt MP3 CDs in my car it barely barely skips. when i play MP3 CDs that have been slightly scratched it skips even more. when i play MP3 CDs that are moderately scratched then it skips even worse.. but it seems to never skip on regular CD-DA CDs unless theyre in terrible condition. my question is: will using a CD player cleaner (the kind that has those little brushes on it with some cleaning solution) possibly increase my head unit's ability to read these MP3 CDs better?? or maybe even fix the problem?? i'm getting very very agitated with this problem please help! :crap:

mtx4life
03-18-2005, 03:17 PM
hmmmm that sounds kinda funky to me .. i would have that sstufff looked at or maybe ya could try a lens cleaner available at ya local walmart... lata peeps

iSpam
03-18-2005, 03:17 PM
I work at Best Buy car audio department. You should have bought a 4 year Perfomance Service Plan!

noob with an RS
03-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I work at Best Buy car audio department. You should have bought a 4 year Perfomance Service Plan!
but i didn't... so now what??!

3.5Max6spd
03-18-2005, 03:35 PM
that *****...skipping issues are common with those...

noob with an RS
03-18-2005, 05:36 PM
that *****...skipping issues are common with those...
skipping issues are common with what? alpines in general? or with the specific model i have (7995)??

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! my head unit plays regular CDs just fine but when i pop in a brand new MP3 CD it doesnt read it flawlessly. the skipping is driving me crazYyYYYy. i'm starting to hate my alpine i just want to play my **** mp3s like its suppose to!!!!!! HELP

PLASTIKMAN
03-18-2005, 05:49 PM
fuuking "A"!! im seeing more and more posts like this for alipine decks and mine is working the exact same as u guys listed(just with the mp3's)!!! its pissing me off! and i would like to know what wrong very soon? i thought someone would of told it in a jiff as its becoming a common problem, but no..............................someone just say whats up and how to fix it? ppplllllllllllzzzzzzzzz im dying!!!

ohyea p.s. - mine is only 2 weeks frigging old!!

3.5Max6spd
03-18-2005, 05:50 PM
skipping issues are common with what? alpines in general? or with the specific model i have (7995)??

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! my head unit plays regular CDs just fine but when i pop in a brand new MP3 CD it doesnt read it flawlessly. the skipping is driving me crazYyYYYy. i'm starting to hate my alpine i just want to play my **** mp3s like its suppose to!!!!!! HELP

relax dude- the 79xx decks have been known to skip, i've read so in quite a few places. As thats the only bad things i've heard, supposedly solid decks otherwise

noob with an RS
03-18-2005, 06:50 PM
fuuking "A"!! im seeing more and more posts like this for alipine decks and mine is working the exact same as u guys listed(just with the mp3's)!!! its pissing me off! and i would like to know what wrong very soon? i thought someone would of told it in a jiff as its becoming a common problem, but no..............................someone just say whats up and how to fix it? ppplllllllllllzzzzzzzzz im dying!!!

ohyea p.s. - mine is only 2 weeks frigging old!!

hey what model is yours exactly??? only 2 weeks old? store bought?? that succs! i bought mine off my friend about a year and half ago. it was sitting in my closet until about two months ago. and before i installed it the face fell off a chair in the kitchen (about two-three feet from the ground in its case)... i wonder if that has to do with it skipping.. but if you just got yours 2 weeks ago out the store and it just started skipping, im beginning to think alpine is crap when it comes to MP3!!! :furious: :verymad: :censored:

relax dude- the 79xx decks have been known to skip, i've read so in quite a few places. As thats the only bad things i've heard, supposedly solid decks otherwise

from what i've gathered from everyone's responses, everyone's saying, "yea you got an alpine that skips like friggin crazy but its ok at least its still an alpine." i'm going to cry. :crying:

hdave
03-18-2005, 09:39 PM

typical bestbuy employee. lol