PDA

View Full Version : cdt vs re

derek33
03-17-2005, 07:35 AM
what would you recomend with 120 watts x 2 at 4 ohms from my amps. i will be running an active setup. (crossovers before amps). Im looking for a set that will provide the most bass, since i am no longer using subs.

CDT Audio CL-61A
http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-61A-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-101083.htm
or

RE re series

thanks

Sleeklsc
03-19-2005, 04:11 AM
from what i've heard the re's have better hights though the cdt's have better midbass.....flip a coin???

Unreal
03-19-2005, 10:15 PM
CDT for speakers IMO.

nosaj070
03-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Since you are getting rid of subs, possibly a 3-way setup may be much more effective. But to be honest I would fork over a bit more money and get something a little higher in theirline. I was not blown away by the CL's. But regardless in a two-way setup you aren't going to get anything to go substantially below 60hz...

derek33
03-20-2005, 12:57 PM
i was looking into a 3-way setup, but i think it will be too expensive.
1, for all the products.
and 2, for the extra hole drilled into my door. i would have to get it done by tweeter or something cause i cant do it myself.

im really only looking to spend like 150, what else is there in that price range that you liked over the cl's, nosaj070?

ighettoboyi
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
CL's are a waste, go EF's...same price

nosaj070
03-20-2005, 09:12 PM
CL's are a waste, go EF's...same price

EF's are much better than the CL's IMO. Where are you planning on mounting the tweets?

TrlcKed_OuT
03-20-2005, 09:16 PM
sorry this doesnt help but can someone link me too a good 3 way componeit set...

harveyy
03-20-2005, 09:17 PM
If it's bass you want, stay away from the CLs. I USED to own the CL 62s and was disappointed. In spite of the lack of bass, the sound quality was decent.

People on this forum rave about REs bass ability, but also mention the tweet can be harsh. Would take some adjustments.

Definately do your homework.

Berry47
03-20-2005, 09:28 PM
I have heard both in different cars and they both sound good. I loved the tweeter on the re's and found the overall sound quality good. I love the midrange definition of both sets but find the CDT's a little more appealing. In midbass the speakers were very close in thier respective setups. I own the CDT HD-62CF's which are someone what related to the ef's and they were superior to both and are now waiting for installation in my wifes next car:)

Overall I'd pick the Re's if it is between the cl's and the re's. I would definately look into spending a little extra on the ef's, or contact desertheat about getting some aura 62's. The aura tweeters I have are amazing.

I used to redomment the cl's to everyone but re has recently changed my mind. Both speakers are great.

my $.02

cappy72
03-20-2005, 10:48 PM
I own the re's and have never had the cl's ...

IMO i think the re's are well worth it. People tend to think that the tweets are harsh but with an active setup you can raise the crossover and achieve a great sounding tweet

Johnny Drama
03-20-2005, 10:50 PM
RE's IB, CDT baffled

I was impressed by the quality of both, I just happened to get a good deal on the HD's so the CLs are sitting here next to me untill I get a tahoe

harveyy
03-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Overall I'd pick the Re's if it is between the cl's and the re's. I would definately look into spending a little extra on the ef's, or contact desertheat about getting some aura 62's. The aura tweeters I have are amazing.

I used to redomment the cl's to everyone but re has recently changed my mind. Both speakers are great.

my $.02[/QUOTE]

The Arau MR62 are an amazing set. After a side by side comparison with the CL62s, the Auras were far superior in every aspect of sound quality, and they were same price. Hence, I sold my CDTs.

Unfortunately, Desertheat is sold out or the MR62, and may have the MR52 left.

derek33
03-21-2005, 06:59 PM
my only problem with RE besides the tweets is that the rms wattage is 50, i have 120w available.

ill look into the cdt ef's(?) and the auras. i remember talking to desertheat a while ago and he only has the mr52 left.

im primarily looking for alot of bass out of these, i know thats asking alot out of a component set, but im just looking for a set with the utmost bass. cause i am selling my subs cause i need all my trunkspace.

i really only want to spend around 150, but the most i will consider going is 200.

thanks again guys, you've been a great help.

harveyy
03-21-2005, 08:12 PM
my only problem with RE besides the tweets is that the rms wattage is 50, i have 120w available.

ill look into the cdt ef's(?) and the auras. i remember talking to desertheat a while ago and he only has the mr52 left.

im primarily looking for alot of bass out of these, i know thats asking alot out of a component set, but im just looking for a set with the utmost bass. cause i am selling my subs cause i need all my trunkspace.

i really only want to spend around 150, but the most i will consider going is 200.

thanks again guys, you've been a great help.

Auras are rated at 60 RMS, somewhat underrated. These are an audiophile speaker. As Desert will tell you, if your looking to really crank it up, you may consider something else.

Your best bet might be the EFs.