PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse website has been updated

3.5Max6spd
03-16-2005, 12:59 PM
http://www.eclipse-web.com/

req
03-16-2005, 01:04 PM
i dont even wanna look cuz of all that crap that people were posting about the sony-esqe models :(

well. they arent as bad as i thought. but i still liked the old ones. :(

JAZN
03-16-2005, 01:09 PM
i look at the specs on the decks and theyre so awesome, and then i look up at the picture and it saddens me. i much preferred the older looks. for specs that good they should have an equally good appearance.

profoundwill
03-16-2005, 01:31 PM
yeap there ugly

datguyclark
03-16-2005, 01:48 PM
i think the top one on the list looks pretty good

johnecon2001
03-16-2005, 02:12 PM
of course the most expensive one would look good.

I agree though. If I were to buy a new one, I would take the 8455 or the 8445.

but they look like bunghole compared to mine.

3.5Max6spd
03-16-2005, 02:31 PM
the 8445/8455 look is growing on me by the day...specially after seeing it in a dash...

I think its funny because I recall the last gen series Eclipse get the same type of criticism... and on its way out, everybody picks one up. Thats been the trend as far as I recall....

iamamp3pimp
03-16-2005, 02:32 PM
the website looks incredible

unrealii
03-17-2005, 04:04 AM
Wow, its about time they finally have a great looking website. Now I am feeling outdated with my 8454...i want gps dammit!

The 8 series dont look as bad as I had thought.

Kali77
03-17-2005, 02:22 PM
I am planning on upgrading to the 8445. The looks are growing on me as well. At first it reminded me of a Jensen or JVC :uhoh: But they are starting to look better to me.

Kali

Hoot
04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I think the 2003 and 2004 models looked cheesy, with the baby-blue illumination and all, and I own one (8443). The 2005, in my opinion, look for better though I can't figure out why they ditched the rubber knobs - the new ones appear to be the same exact size and not only less funtional, tactile-wise, but also aesthetically inferior. Another member had the idea of ordering some of the rubber ones of old and swapping 'em out - wonder how easy that'd be?

3.5Max6spd
04-20-2005, 08:37 AM
I think the 2003 and 2004 models looked cheesy, with the baby-blue illumination and all, and I own one (8443). The 2005, in my opinion, look for better though I can't figure out why they ditched the rubber knobs - the new ones appear to be the same exact size and not only less funtional, tactile-wise, but also aesthetically inferior. Another member had the idea of ordering some of the rubber ones of old and swapping 'em out - wonder how easy that'd be?

According to my dealer's Eclipse Rep, the company saw two issues with the last series controls:
The rubber knobs would wear (thus not so nice aesthetically) and and with the added grip it would cause calibration issues(lag from constant excessive spinning)- so they decided to put a more solid knob.
I actually like it beter.

Speedyd718
04-20-2005, 10:15 AM
you gotta see the 8455 installed it's really not bad at all. i just think of it as it does it's job, and is damm good at it. if you are gonna have an indash you're not lookin at you deck anyways. i love mine!

Hoot
04-22-2005, 12:25 AM
According to my dealer's Eclipse Rep, the company saw two issues with the last series controls:
The rubber knobs would wear (thus not so nice aesthetically) and and with the added grip it would cause calibration issues(lag from constant excessive spinning)- so they decided to put a more solid knob.
I actually like it beter.Well, Max, you're the one who has used the unit so clearly you, not I, know how the knobs feel; however, I say that those are a couple pretty weak reasons that Eclipse would use as to why they would no longer use the rubber. I have experienced the lag you are talking about, but during *normal* use (as long as I am not rapid-fire cranking), I have no issues whatsover w/my 8443.

And the knobs "wearing?" No way... I've had mine for two years, knobs look like new, and I have used my unit excessively. Cool, though, that you like the new knobbers. :laugh:

Btw, the old Eclipses -- from way, way back -- have all used rubber knobs and there were no problems... :confused:

3.5Max6spd
04-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Well, Max, you're the one who has used the unit so clearly you, not I, know how the knobs feel; however, I say that those are a couple pretty weak reasons that Eclipse would use as to why they would no longer use the rubber. I have experienced the lag you are talking about, but during *normal* use (as long as I am not rapid-fire cranking), I have no issues whatsover w/my 8443.

And the knobs "wearing?" No way... I've had mine for two years, knobs look like new, and I have used my unit excessively. Cool, though, that you like the new knobbers. :laugh:

Btw, the old Eclipses -- from way, way back -- have all used rubber knobs and there were no problems... :confused:

Hey I dug the grip of my 8443, i had no excessive wear either. But according to the rep there were alot of requests for new knobs on those units.The way older units did have rubber grips, but you have to agree the 8443/8053/8454 were way softer and had much more contact area..

Not everyone has moist hands like you do Hoot :laugh:

Ignatowski
04-22-2005, 10:46 AM
wow they do look cheap
HUs remind me of BOSS

Hoot
04-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Max, how MUCH better do you like your new 8455 versus your 8443? What are the greatest advantages, if you care to mention? Disadvantages?