PDA

View Full Version : locked eclipse

jellyfish420
03-14-2005, 11:54 PM
i went to put the eclipse i just took out of my car in my g/fs car...and for some reason it isn't reading my security cd. i called eclipse and they said that they could walk me through unlocking it once i fax them my id, the recipt, and the id of the person on the recipt. i have the recipt, but it came from a friends,friends, little brother, so it could be a week before i get his id:( does anyone on here know how to unlock this d@mn thing? my g/f was kinda getting excited about me finally getting around to putting this in her car, since shes been waiting a month for my 860 to get here:(

ExS
03-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Wat CD is that? is that burned CD? If not maybe you can buy another copy of the CD and try it.

jellyfish420
03-15-2005, 12:03 AM
ya...it was a burned cd:(

ToyTundra
03-15-2005, 12:04 AM
my 3434's manual says:

You must use the same CD used for Key CD programmin; a duplicate CD may not work poroperly

jellyfish420
03-15-2005, 12:13 AM
my 3434's manual says:

You must use the same CD used for Key CD programmin; a duplicate CD may not work poroperly

i understand...i didn't duplicate the key cd...i programmed it WITH the duplicate
:crazy:so i am using the actual cd...it just so happens its a duplicate:crazy:

and besides i have used it a couple times when my battery went dead and it worked without a problem:(

psycho72
03-15-2005, 12:41 AM
Reburn the iso (you did make a backup image right?), maybe the Key CD is messed up from being in direct sun or scratches or whatever.

bri487
03-15-2005, 12:43 AM
even if it is not a burnt cd, it must be the original cd used. if you have two of the exact same cd, it wont work, it has to be that exact one used originally.

DBfan187
03-15-2005, 12:44 AM
good luck with that one

bri487
03-15-2005, 12:52 AM
you can always send them back if you have a receipt and they can reset it for you.

johnecon2001
03-15-2005, 01:18 AM
and theyll charge you for it.

JLCivic
03-15-2005, 03:42 PM
even if it is not a burnt cd, it must be the original cd used. if you have two of the exact same cd, it wont work, it has to be that exact one used originally.

2 of the same cd certainly should work. I believe ESN works by just reading the TOC of the disc. The TOC of 2 store bought cds should be identical. I believe the reason why some people have had success(and others have not) with using burned cds to unlock eclipse decks is that the burning program may truncate the TOC so it is not identical to that of a store bought cd.

Abel
03-15-2005, 03:45 PM
i thought that after so many times of not excepting the disk you have no choice but to send it to Eclipse?

JLCivic
03-15-2005, 03:49 PM
i thought that after so many times of not excepting the disk you have no choice but to send it to Eclipse?
Yes, you get 5 tries. If the cd is not read as the key cd, it will then lock up. Then, on the newer models, there is a sequence of buttons to push in order to get 5 more tries.

I would never, under any circumstances, rely on a burned cd for my key cd.

saywhat?
03-15-2005, 03:52 PM
just start pressin buttons lol.

jellyfish420
03-15-2005, 06:42 PM
just start pressin buttons lol.
see...he told me how to get more tries...you have to hold 2 buttons. and it will give you 5 more tries.....but the disc i used won't work. they said there is a key sequence to turn the esn off. and reset it to no disc at all. they said that i have to fax the recipt, my id, and the id that is on the recipt.
well today the guy's brother told me that he didn't want to give me a copy of his id cause he don't anyone to have his id :furious: now i'm stuck with a worthless radio!!! i told him that i would give him a copy of my id and a copy of the receipt, and he could fax it off, that way noone would have his id and he said he'd talk to his bro but he doubts it! WTF??? is this guy wanted or something? i just want my radio working. . . my g/f is starting to get kinda upset cause i got all this stuff sitting here that cant go in her car till i get this straightened out.

saywhat?
03-15-2005, 06:44 PM
kinda ***** bro, its dumb the dude wont cooperate. theres no reason for him not to. tell him he could be present when u send it off, and u will delete everything that is done afterward. its not like eclipse is gunna post that hes doin business with them to the FBI.

jellyfish420
03-15-2005, 06:46 PM
2 of the same cd certainly should work. I believe ESN works by just reading the TOC of the disc. The TOC of 2 store bought cds should be identical. I believe the reason why some people have had success(and others have not) with using burned cds to unlock eclipse decks is that the burning program may truncate the TOC so it is not identical to that of a store bought cd.
but the TOC of one burnt cd and the TOC of another burnt cd, burnt with the same program 'should' be the same...right?
i think i might just try burning it again and hope that there was a scratch:(

how does the h/u remember is it stored in the processor, or is there like a battery in there somewhere that i could just take out to reset it...like the CMOS battery in a computer...

saywhat?
03-15-2005, 06:46 PM
PS i didnt get the PM u sent me, my box was full....its open now.

jellyfish420
03-15-2005, 06:48 PM
PS i didnt get the PM u sent me, my box was full....its open now.
i forgot what it was now :crap:

iceteebone
03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
go to a store buy a new one then put your used one in the box and return it for a refund. sure it's illegal but what the hell? :crazy:

jellyfish420
03-15-2005, 07:16 PM
its an older model:(

iceteebone
03-15-2005, 07:18 PM
its an older model:(
then buy a newer model and hope they don't open the box and look inside till after you left the store.

jellyfish420
03-15-2005, 07:22 PM
then buy a newer model and hope they don't open the box and look inside till after you left the store.
LOL...wishfull thinking:D
nah, i'm not trying to go to jail over it.

Abel
03-15-2005, 07:35 PM
i had a Eclipse 5443 and used a burned CD, used it when i got the deck then put it away, never had any problems. i suprised it wont work for you

JLCivic
03-15-2005, 08:06 PM
see...he told me how to get more tries...you have to hold 2 buttons. and it will give you 5 more tries.....but the disc i used won't work. they said there is a key sequence to turn the esn off. and reset it to no disc at all. they said that i have to fax the recipt, my id, and the id that is on the recipt.
well today the guy's brother told me that he didn't want to give me a copy of his id cause he don't anyone to have his id :furious: now i'm stuck with a worthless radio!!! i told him that i would give him a copy of my id and a copy of the receipt, and he could fax it off, that way noone would have his id and he said he'd talk to his bro but he doubts it! WTF??? is this guy wanted or something? i just want my radio working. . . my g/f is starting to get kinda upset cause i got all this stuff sitting here that cant go in her car till i get this straightened out.

Yes, there is a sequence to clear the ESN cd, but, as you are finding out, Eclipse isn't going to give that to you without proof that you are the rightful owner of that deck. If all it took was your phonecall, ESN would be worthless.

I am sure you can get this squared away.

bri487
03-15-2005, 09:21 PM
and theyll charge you for it.

i have only paid shipping

2 of the same cd certainly should work. I believe ESN works by just

tried it. doesnt work.

forbidden
03-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Any authorized dealer can take care of this instore provided the unit is not hella old, say like a 1998 model or older. The TOC is burned into the PROM of the unit and it should only ever be a store bought cd, there are too many differing factors with a burned cd. Now go to the authorized dealer (like me) with the documentation of proof of purchase, fill out a ESN change of owner request (available from the dealer or with a phone call to Eclipse they will fax the dealer one). Next the dealer will fax in the updated owner info + the original customer receipt that you have and enter it into the system with you as the new owner PROVIDED the old owner has not reported it stolen. At this point in time if all goes well, Eclipse will provide the dealer with a new rotating unlock code and unlock the unit for you. This will leave the unit blank and needing to be recoded with a STORE BOUGHT cd of your choice to engage the ESN theft deterrent again.

jellyfish420
03-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Any authorized dealer can take care of this instore provided the unit is not hella old, say like a 1998 model or older. The TOC is burned into the PROM of the unit and it should only ever be a store bought cd, there are too many differing factors with a burned cd. Now go to the authorized dealer (like me) with the documentation of proof of purchase, fill out a ESN change of owner request (available from the dealer or with a phone call to Eclipse they will fax the dealer one). Next the dealer will fax in the updated owner info + the original customer receipt that you have and enter it into the system with you as the new owner PROVIDED the old owner has not reported it stolen. At this point in time if all goes well, Eclipse will provide the dealer with a new rotating unlock code and unlock the unit for you. This will leave the unit blank and needing to be recoded with a STORE BOUGHT cd of your choice to engage the ESN theft deterrent again.
fu(k, if i get it to work i aint setting the ESN again...screw that! but it good to know that its burned on the unit, cause i was gonna start tearing it apart looking for a battery. could i just fill out the warrenty cards in the box and fax them in or something? would i actually have to do a change of owner since the original owner didn't register it?

either way thanks for the info, i'll call the dealer tommorow and see what they can tell me about that. i called them last week and they said they didn't know how to unlock it....but if eclipse will tell them how(provided proper documentation) then thats cool as long as i can use the d@mn thing

2kchevy06civic
03-16-2005, 06:02 PM
I had to do the same thing forbidden said. Whenever I bought my 8053 from a local store here, they forgot to inform me they had used a CD to lock it (basta*ds) so I had to go to the store, give them my recipt, fill out some form and fax it to eclipse. About 20 minutes later they re-faxed us something, numbers to unlock the unit. Yes there is a sequence to get into the part where you enter a "Code" in, then you enter it and bam works again.

It's a real pain in the a** to do, but you have to do it. I don't think there is any other way around it bro. =/

JLCivic
03-16-2005, 06:13 PM
fu(k, if i get it to work i aint setting the ESN again...screw that! but it good to know that its burned on the unit, cause i was gonna start tearing it apart looking for a battery. could i just fill out the warrenty cards in the box and fax them in or something? would i actually have to do a change of owner since the original owner didn't register it?

either way thanks for the info, i'll call the dealer tommorow and see what they can tell me about that. i called them last week and they said they didn't know how to unlock it....but if eclipse will tell them how(provided proper documentation) then thats cool as long as i can use the d@mn thing

If you use a store bought cd, why not do it? Just keep the cd around. The warranty card is supposed to be mailed in within 30 days of the deck being purchased. If the original owner did not mail it in then he/she is an idiot since mailing in the card kick starts all warranty. If the original owner did not do that, then you may be able to complete the form and fax it to Eclipse. At this point, what is it going to hurt to try?

JLCivic
03-16-2005, 06:14 PM
i have only paid shipping

tried it. doesnt work.
Then I would say the deck is defective if 2 store bought, identical cds, did not work unless the deck had already been locked up(tried the wrong cd 5 times).

jellyfish420
03-16-2005, 06:18 PM
If you use a store bought cd, why not do it? Just keep the cd around. The warranty card is supposed to be mailed in within 30 days of the deck being purchased. If the original owner did not mail it in then he/she is an idiot since mailing in the card kick starts all warranty. If the original owner did not do that, then you may be able to complete the form and fax it to Eclipse. At this point, what is it going to hurt to try?
its not gonna hurt nothing...just wondered.
and i don't know why he didn't but there is 2 cards in the bottom of the box. i almost filled them out when i got it, i kinda wish i had done that already :mad:
but yea if guy would of gave me his id, eclipse said that if i faxed all the info to them and called back in about an hour they would walk me through all the code bullshit.

but at this point i don't care who fixes it..... as long as my g/f stops :crying: about wanting it in her car ;)

JLCivic
03-16-2005, 06:21 PM
its not gonna hurt nothing...just wondered.
and i don't know why he didn't but there is 2 cards in the bottom of the box. i almost filled them out when i got it, i kinda wish i had done that already :mad:
but yea if guy would of gave me his id, eclipse said that if i faxed all the info to them and called back in about an hour they would walk me through all the code bullshit.

but at this point i don't care who fixes it..... as long as my g/f stops :crying: about wanting it in her car ;)

If this guy has never registered the deck, his ID will be worthless. If he did somehow register the deck, then you would think he would just help you out on this. The whole procedure takes just a few minutes.

forbidden
03-16-2005, 07:52 PM
If you have the box and by the sounds of it, two warranty cards, then match up the warranty card with the proper model# and serial# that is labelled on the exterior of the box. What model cd player is it? I can tell you if the code can be reset or not.

jellyfish420
03-16-2005, 08:50 PM
3412 i think...:(
i don't have it right now its up at my work right now.

jellyfish420
03-17-2005, 09:04 PM
3402...my bad:(
called eclipse today.
faxed in the warrenty card, recipt, and my id.
and they walked me through unlocking it:):)
my g/f is so happy now:)
one question though... he had me enter in a 6 digit code...
is this code diff for all the h/u's? i seen a couple on ebay before that was locked
for like 10-20 bucks.

JLCivic
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
3402...my bad:(
called eclipse today.
faxed in the warrenty card, recipt, and my id.
and they walked me through unlocking it:):)
my g/f is so happy now:)
one question though... he had me enter in a 6 digit code...
is this code diff for all the h/u's? i seen a couple on ebay before that was locked
for like 10-20 bucks.

You are lucky the previous owner was an idiot and never registered the deck. The code is the "rolling code" used to unlock the deck. The code is different for each deck I suppose(probably related to the s/n), but I don't think if you locked up the deck again, the code you used today will work again. You would have to call eclipse again for another code. Just program the deck with a store bought cd for ESN purposes, and you should be fine.

Trust me, the code Eclipse gave you isn't some magic code that will unlock every locked eclipse out there. If that was the case, it would be out there long before now.