PDA

View Full Version : home audio alarm

PV Audio
03-13-2005, 06:39 PM
hey all. once i get my sub fixed, and my speaker drivers bought, ima see if i cant build a lil home audio alarm system. what i'm thinkin is, i have a sensor thing on each speaker, receiver, cd player and both subs. then i have the "relay" wte thats called somewhere accessible and out of sight so that i can use one of the remotes that comes with it to arm it when i leave. i'd have 2 115 db sirens on the back of the dresser so they cant be seen but WILL be heard. how would i go about this?

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-067 siren

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-090 other option

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-315 sensors

any revisions and instructions are HIGHLY appreciated!!

awinter
03-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I personally find that pretty ridiculous. Just get a home alarm like adt or something.

JimJ
03-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah...get a good home security system, and keep detailed records for your homeowner's insurance.

PV Audio
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
yeah we have a tight alarm, i just sold some old speakers and i have some extra cash to throw around (not for car audio, thats already set up for the future) so i just wanna see if i can do it for the "wow" factor.

JimJ
03-13-2005, 10:54 PM
hey, you have any money you want to burn, I can send you my address :D

PV Audio
03-13-2005, 11:07 PM
naw man, i'm just practicing now so that within a year i have enough knowledge to do my own install for teh car. figure i can do as much as possible with wiring.

nosaj070
03-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I cannot wait until you accidentally set the thing and bump your speakers, Why dont you just lock the f'ing room? Your system isnt even nice...

DBfan187
03-14-2005, 11:16 AM
I cannot wait until you accidentally set the thing and bump your speakers, Why dont you just lock the f'ing room? Your system isnt even nice...

LOL

ADT has treated my family good so far.

Nikuk
03-14-2005, 11:22 AM
naw man, i'm just practicing now so that within a year i have enough knowledge to do my own install for teh car. figure i can do as much as possible with wiring.

whatever happened to you installing your 'system' into 'your '97 altima' 5-6 months ago?? :uhoh: :rolleyes:

PV Audio
03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
whatever happened to you installing your 'system' into 'your '97 altima' 5-6 months ago?? :uhoh: :rolleyes:

had to pay for some eh...things...and besides i wasnt even 16 5-6 months ago, i turned 16 a month and a day ago. and thanks for saying my system *****, post pics of ur home setup jackass

nosaj070
03-14-2005, 07:50 PM
post pics of ur home setup jackass

Which one? Give me a few minutes...

PV Audio
03-14-2005, 08:04 PM
do it then, and don't hate on the system i have because its all i can afford.

JimJ
03-14-2005, 08:28 PM
home audio is an much about the installation as vehicle systems can be...imaging and soundstaging is a little easier to come by :) but if you find the right equipment, it can hang with the best of them.

PV Audio
03-14-2005, 09:23 PM
at lease someone is appreciative of spending a week "crawling for bass" and getting a perfect audio triangle in a room with acoustics from hell

nosaj070
03-14-2005, 10:30 PM
do it then, and don't hate on the system i have because its all i can afford.

Seriously, I try to help you but all you can do is complain. I was not "hating" on your system. I simply said it wasn't anything that you honestly need to spend money on protecting. I am not doubting that it may sound good, but building off of Jack Frosts comment the "theif" could turn some speakers a few degrees and it could greatly affect the sound of your system. But seriously, think about it, you really need to put an alarm on your relatively large speakers? That is going to be the last thing a theif steals if they get into your house and past your real alarm system. Why don't you save your money, you'll be much happier in the future.

PV Audio
03-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Your system isnt even nice...

Seriously, I try to help you but all you can do is complain. I was not "hating" on your system.
your system isnt even nice...really thats not hating? if i asked for your opinion on the setup then i would have. it wouldve been nice to not have been an asshat for once and actually tried to help me. complain, maybe. but if all i ask is help on wiring then u come back and say its stupid cause the setup *****, you'd be mad 2 would you not? ;)

nosaj070
03-14-2005, 11:06 PM
your system isnt even nice...really thats not hating? if i asked for your opinion on the setup then i would have. it wouldve been nice to not have been an asshat for once and actually tried to help me. complain, maybe. but if all i ask is help on wiring then u come back and say its stupid cause the setup *****, you'd be mad 2 would you not? ;)

No wonder everybody hates you, I was trying to figure it out but today a pretty clear picture was painted. When I said you system isn't nice, I simpy meant its not worth spending money on to have protected, I'm happy for you that you have a system in the first place, I had nothing when I was 16, so there its much better than my system at that time. You completely blew this entire thing out of proportion, lets drop this. I'm going to try and pretend you aren't as immature as you are, and hopefully wil begin to be more understanding. I'm not trying to be an ***.

PV Audio
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
ok my bad then.

saywhat?
03-15-2005, 06:20 PM
pwnt

PV Audio
03-15-2005, 06:23 PM
not pwnt, understood and on the same page.

saywhat?
03-15-2005, 06:27 PM
no....see.....u were trying to be the bigger man and put him at a lower level than u, it backfired, and u *****ed out................so once again.......pwnt

PV Audio
03-15-2005, 08:16 PM
wte how u look at it i guess...