PDA

View Full Version : What deck will work here

sampson
03-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey I am throwing a new deck in my truck. I need it to not skip at all, like never. I know it is not possible to have it never skip but I have a lifted truck so I need it to have the best skip protection out there. I also need it to have a remote and play cdr and cdrw's. 45X4 or 50X4 doesn't really matter. A good seek time would be nice but not like absolutley have to have. Looking to spend like 100 or so. What can you guys recommend... .maybe somewhat older, it is going to be out of sight so looks don't mean shiat right now. Thanks a lot-Sampson

The deck I am running right now is an Aiwa from like 5 years ago or so, so I am pretty sure anything will be an upgrade from that. Thanks again.

ss3079
03-13-2005, 05:00 PM
~ $100 might be a little tough for a new-in-box unit. Should be able to find a decent one in the Classifieds of a forum for around that price.

But here's a few suggestions around that price ...

Alpine CDM-9821
Kenwood KDC-128
Pioneer DEH-2700
Clarion DB155
Clarion DB345MP
Clarion DB245

Should be some other Kenwoods + JVC's and Blaupunkt's in that price range as well. Find a last years model on sale.

sampson
03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
ok thanks, now don't worry about price. I have a way of getting really good deals on things because of the people that I know. It doesn't have to be new in box either. So say with no price limit (but don't give me some GPS, flip out 6 inch 10,000$ unit either) ;). Thanks again-Sampson

SSS 18734
03-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Pioneer DEH-P3600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39752&item=5758462440&rd=1

Really good quality, you can get it for about $120 shipped. You'll be glad you spent the extra 20 bucks. It plays CD-R, CD-RW, mp3 and has an internal 50x4 amp. Ive never heard mine skip and it comes with a remote.

iceteebone
03-14-2005, 06:32 PM
since you can get good deals look into eclipse decks. i can play stracthed cd's on my eclipse, that my pioneer would never even dream of playing.

sampson
03-15-2005, 03:59 PM
thanks what about alpine, found a 60X4 with remote thinking about picking up. cda-7863. I'll look into eclipses what model you running right now? Thanks for the replies people keep em comming.-Sampson

iceteebone
03-15-2005, 06:00 PM
thanks what about alpine, found a 60X4 with remote thinking about picking up. cda-7863. I'll look into eclipses what model you running right now? Thanks for the replies people keep em comming.-Sampson

i currently have the 8443.

req
03-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey I am throwing a new deck in my truck.

is this an interior 'deck' like your dashboard? or a truck bed... because id try and use some sort of ABS plastic wrapped in vynl if its inside, but id stick to stainless steel painted with bedliner if its outside.

although ive seen some really nice wooden ones on some old restored chevys

:laugh:

but seriously- if you are off-roading and NEVER want it to skip AND you only have $100 - its going to be a long shot. your BEST bet would to be adding some sort of padding inside your dash where the thing is mounted. but too much will insulate the heat and might not be good.

if i were you- id get a cheap 4 channel amp for $100 (profile comes to mind), and pad the hu so it wont skip anymore.

sampson
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
yeah I'm not trying to get perfect here while like running through a swamp man, don't get me wrong. It is just my shocks are setup for long distance travel so they don't do to well with short little shots like a pothole in the middle of the road. So I get a lot of bounces and little bumps. Anyway yeah my deck is already wrapped heavily in bubble wrap and it does some good but not too much. I am working on an install in the dash but for now it is sitting between my seats in a box filled with bubble wrap. Sounds pretty good huh. Thanks for the responses.-Sampson

Dozerboy
03-16-2005, 11:24 PM
In 99 I bought a Panasonic deck with 10 sec. anti-skip off-roading I never had it skip. But it wont play upside trust me.