PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Diamond's entry level components

klassic
03-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Does anyone have any oppinions on how the M3 motorsport (now D3) line compares with other entry level components or just in general? Is it worth it to step up to the M6/D6 line which are a good $40-50 more? Also does Diamond use the same aluminum tweeter in all their lines (silk not offered with M3/D3 sets) because it sure looks the same from 3 series to Hex and is the same size. I can get the M361 for $115, is there something better for that little (Quart discus components can be had for about the same and well as Aura RPM components). Thanks

rocchi
03-13-2005, 04:06 PM
I have the m351's and they sound great, But I would go with the m6's if you are going to buy new, they would only run you 50 or 60 bucks more.

packerfan
03-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Not a big differnce at all between the D3 and D6 component sets, id save the cash and get the D3.

marley1
03-13-2005, 06:38 PM
How do these speakers compare? I see the D6 series is 180 off ebay.

The D3 mite be a littel better with my power(70).

But what do these compare to? I've read they are better hten the CDT CL series?

3.5Max6spd
03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
my brother runs CM3's (d3) components- they are kick *** , solid set for the $$, take some power - and the alum tweet is very accurate yet bearable

The D6's are a night and day diff from the dissapointing M6's- available in braxial/convertible version as well

marley1
03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
my brother runs CM3's (d3) components- they are kick *** , solid set for the $$, take some power - and the alum tweet is very accurate yet bearable

The D6's are a night and day diff from the dissapointing M6's- available in braxial/convertible version as well

I thought the D6's were able to be run in hte convertible way, but their only coaxials, they dont include a crossover, which i found disappointing :(

Your talking about hte D661i right? If you click compare it says no :(

Unless their site is worng? It says for those ones with the fancy clips that they dont include the tweeter.

Anyone know this??