PDA

View Full Version : JVC KD-DV5100....mp3 on a DVD...

nissmo300
03-12-2005, 08:11 PM
JVC KD-DV5100
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/257/h257KDDV510-f-1.jpeg

Like most new receivers, this sleek number plays a wide variety of formats, including standard and recordable DVDs and CDs, plus CD-Rs or CD-RWs. But JVC adds a feature that'll blow your mind: Giga MP3. Using your computer and appropriate software, you can burn up to 100 hours of MP3s or WMAs on a single recordable DVD, and the KD-DV5100 will play them. Read more

Key Features:

DVD/CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amp (20 watts RMS/50 watts peak x 4 channels)
fold-down, detachable face
plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files), DVDs, DVD-Rs, and DVD-RWs
Giga MP3 will play up to 100 hours' worth of MP3/WMA files burned on a single recordable DVD
cEQ offers six preset tone settings (each setting can be adjusted to your taste)
24-bit resolution
front-panel auxiliary input
SIRIUS satellite radio controls (SIRIUS subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories)
rear auxiliary input
video output
one set of preamp outputs
wireless remote
DVD frequency response: 16-22,000 Hz
DVD signal-to-noise: ratio 98 dB
FM sensitivity: 11.3 dBf
warranty: 1 year
designed for use with "Region 1" encoded DVDs

Can this unit actually play a DVD with mp3 burned on it? Has anyone used one and how is it? Crutchfield has it for $300 only and you can find it much cheaper on Ebay. Best Buy has it for $300 w/ free installation.

What do you guys think?

ExS
03-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Crap..
go for alpine DVA-9965

nissmo300
03-13-2005, 06:50 PM
:wow:
Crap..
go for alpine DVA-9965

Can't find that on sell on ebay, pricewatch, or pricegrabber...? :confused:

ExS
03-13-2005, 08:05 PM
It's not out yet. Just wait for it.

drgthang
03-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Nissmo, I checked into the JVC deck too, it looks cool for $300, just a few things I read turned me off, based on personal preference. It's screen display can be small when displaying titles and it doesnt "auto-resume" in the middle of a track (like when you turn off your car and then get back in later..it just restarts at the start of the song..)

The Alpine suggested looks costly, but Alpine is a great name.

FailureByDesign
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Yes. The Alpine is 1200, it's on savinglots.com, but they are "out of stock". It's very nice, but the iPod feature is useless (for me at least) and the touch-pad scrolling isn't very usefull, esp. while driving...Otherwise I would get it in a heart beat; I'd like to see some reviews on the JVC though, and hopefully another company comes out with one, without all these bells and whistles like Alpine (I'm partial to Alpine and still, it's too much lol).