PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for speakers setup and brand.

promo2000
03-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Hello ppl!
This is my first post! Hi from Guatemala C.A.! :)

I bought 1 week ago a Pioneer DEH-P9600MP. I love it! But I am 100% sure that im not having the most from my HU because from my setup.

This is what I have:
My system:
Deh-p9600MP
4 channel Precision Power (Not a big amp, maybe 250w) (It is kinda old)
1 Infinity Basslink 10" (with its buit in 200w amp)
2 Cheap Clarions in front. 6"
2 Cheap tweeters in front.
2 Eclipses in the Back 6"

All of this in a Honda 1995 Prelude.

What im looking is to have the best from my HU. I searched here at the forums but some ppl dont mind the rear fill, but I do. So what I want to know is some sugestions for speakers.

Since I am kind of newbie in the subject, I was thinking to put some Components in the front and some coaxials in the back? Is that the best way?

I was thinking on MB Reference of Infinity Kappa, Can I mix both brands?

I hear Hip-Hop, Rap, and Electronic.

Any help I would really appreciate!

Thanks! And hope to see u ppl around.

PS. Im looking to spend around US$300.00 for all.

elduderino
03-12-2005, 11:20 AM
On that budget, I would worry about the front and leave the back for later or not at all, if you want good sound. If you want louder sound, get front and back, but $300 is not enough to get very good F and R speaks in my opinion.

MBQuart is better than Infinity.

promo2000
03-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!
Sorry for my bad english...

I can spend US500 the most.

A friend of mine is selling me some used Mb Quarts Reference or infinity kappa here at his local shop, and some JL Audio.

Can you help me the correct way to connect those?

The component in front and some coaxial in the back?

Thanks!

Echo42987
03-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah Spend like $300 on the front components..and then take the components you have in the front and just put them in the back. Cause that'll cover everything till you can get some rear fill. Thos MB Quarts are very nice. But upgrade to like the PCE series, you'll be happy. Or go with the Polk/Momo C6500 series, I believe thats the correct number. Just the 6 1/2's. Those are $300 at any local dealer.

justsayk
03-12-2005, 03:53 PM
The JL's aren't that bad either, especially if you are getting a good deal from your friend. If you have to use rear fill, move the 6" clarions to the back, and run them off the deck power. Then bridge that amp to give more power to the components that you get, and put the components in the front.

promo2000
03-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the help ppl!

Then bridge that amp to give more power to the components that you get, and put the components in the front.

Ok, so I put the componets, in front and the clarions back, then when I began to look to change the Clarions, what should I need to get?
Coaxials, components, or some midbass speakers?
Because my woofer is setup @ 80htz and my speakers @150htz so, i think im loosing some frenquensies(sp) there..
Bidbass would fill all frequensies? is that the idea?

justsayk
03-12-2005, 05:41 PM
You should try to cross your front speakers off lower at say 60 to 80 hz. You really won't even have to upgrade the rear fill. Just make sure your front doors are well sealed with plenty of sound deadening if they are going in the doors.

promo2000
03-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all your help justsayk!!!

1) I thought that setting at 80hz the middle speakers would actually burn them? At least thats what they told me at the shop??? :furious:

2) And they told me that I didnt need a Xover because the HU have a hp/lp settings. So they connected the tweeters to the wire of each front speaker and they setup the speakers at 160hz. Is that good?

justsayk
03-12-2005, 08:19 PM
it depends on your mids, but most high quality mids should be fine down to at least 80hz. So are you saying you are not using the passive crossovers that came with the component set? What kind of crossover options do you have on the deck?

promo2000
03-13-2005, 03:37 AM
I dont use a pasive xover because I bought all of my speakers and tweeters separatly.

What I have on the unit is:
High pass filter for front and rear.
So I left the High Pass Filter for both front and rear to 80hz, (and it sound waaaaayyyy better! ;) ) and in the front speakers I have in the same wire, connected the tweeters. Is that wrong? :crap: Please, help me.

Thanks!