PDA

View Full Version : Polk Audio MMC6500 vs MB QUART PCE

bobo244
03-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I am looking for some 6.5 components for around 200. I have a set of Polk comps,dont know which model, and they sounded nice. Havent heard any mb quarts. I have 125w rms going to each speaker at 4 ohms. Listen to mostly rap, r&b, little rock.

I am leaning toward the MMC6500 because
1) I can afford them.
2) Match my wattage.
3) Heard other polks and I liked them.

But I have heard many people recommend some MB Quart pce's and rce216. I am willing to spend extra 20 or 30 bucks to get better quality.

I am looking for nice highs and not too much midbass because I have a pair of Koda 8's to take care of that. I have heard that the midbass is very loud on the Polks, if that is true would I even need the koda 8's?

WHICH DO YOU RECOMMEND???

suprachica79
03-11-2005, 11:33 PM
I listened to the MB Quart PCE's and then listened to some Polk Comps at Tweeter, I don't even think they are in the same league. The MB Quart sounded 10 times better in my opinion.

The Polks didn't sound as crisp or clear at all in comparison to the MB's. I heard the MB Q's and then turned the polk's on for about 5 seconds until I realized how much different they were...in a bad way. I say spring for the extra 50 bucks and grab the MB's, you won't be displeased.

Especailly since you said you didn't need real low to midbass, the MB's are all about the high's, snares, and drums n such. They are more toward the high's and I assume from you're post thats what you're looking for.

bobo244
03-11-2005, 11:57 PM
I listened to the MB Quart PCE's and then listened to some Polk Comps at Tweeter, I don't even think they are in the same league. The MB Quart sounded 10 times better in my opinion.

The Polks didn't sound as crisp or clear at all in comparison to the MB's. I heard the MB Q's and then turned the polk's on for about 5 seconds until I realized how much different they were...in a bad way. I say spring for the extra 50 bucks and grab the MB's, you won't be displeased.

Especailly since you said you didn't need real low to midbass, the MB's are all about the high's, snares, and drums n such. They are more toward the high's and I assume from you're post thats what you're looking for.

Thanks for your input. I want to listen to some MB quarts before I decide. Yes I have midbass but I dont want to go through the trouble of building a custom enclosure for the 8's unless I have to. I heard that the polks have very loud midbass, meaning I could sell the 8's, make some money, and not have to build the enclosure and not have to run a 3rd amp for the 8's

bobo244
03-11-2005, 11:58 PM
What do you think about the CDT hd-62?????

OH BTW, I will be running the comps of my MTX 1004, 125 X 4 at 4 ohms

Echo42987
03-12-2005, 02:20 AM
Well as you see in my sig I have the Polk Momo 5 1/4's and I couldn't be happier. I chose mine over the PCE series of MB Quarts. It's all personal preference though...like suprachica thinks they arn't even in the same league when I believe they are. The Polks still sound extremley nice when being played really high and can handle high amounts of wattage. I love my polks and wouldn't trade them for ne thing else Except for some MB Quart QSD's lol. So it's your choice. and those CDT's are very nice Speakers as well. But I love all of my Polk Momo stuff.