PDA

View Full Version : I got 125rms X 4 @ 4 ohms... what comps

bobo244
03-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Im new to comps and dont know much about them and different brands. I have 125X 4 at 4 ohms, and I wanna spend around 200 dollars. Any recommendations???

Echo42987
03-10-2005, 12:36 AM
125....uh MB Quarts, Focals, Polks, etc.

squeak9798
03-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Contact Tplaya07 on here about DLS and OZ Audio Vectors in that price range. Also look into the RE RE comps, Focal Access, Rainbow Dreamline, Crystal has a comp set in that price range, MB Quart RCE216.

bobo244
03-10-2005, 12:45 AM
I got a 2000 2dr blazer, in my door are stock 6 1/2'' but im not sure about on my dashboard.

I know the brands, I am wondering what model numbers to get. Are the RE series and XXX series better than the other brands, focal cdt etc???

Also would I have to build an enclosure in the door or just mount the mid in the stock location?

squeak9798
03-10-2005, 09:55 AM
I got a 2000 2dr blazer, in my door are stock 6 1/2'' but im not sure about on my dashboard.

That's OK. Once you upgraded to a comp set, you wouldn't want to run any speakers in your dash anyways.

I know the brands, I am wondering what model numbers to get. Are the RE series and XXX series better than the other brands, focal cdt etc???

Well, first off, the XXX isn't a full comp set, only mids.

I wouldn't necessarily consider the RE comps to be "better" then everything else in it's price range. Everything listed to so far are great performers at their price point. It comes down to personal preference.

Also would I have to build an enclosure in the door or just mount the mid in the stock location?

You can mount them in your stock location.

But, for best performance, you'd want to do some things such as mount them to a solid mounting surface (if the stock speakers mount to plastic, it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace that with some MDF), sound deaden and seal your door, etc.

3.5Max6spd
03-10-2005, 11:34 AM
with that kid of power you can run just about any set- go out and listen to some rated for at least 80-100rms

bobo244
03-11-2005, 09:11 AM
That's OK. Once you upgraded to a comp set, you wouldn't want to run any speakers in your dash anyways.

Well, first off, the XXX isn't a full comp set, only mids.

I wouldn't necessarily consider the RE comps to be "better" then everything else in it's price range. Everything listed to so far are great performers at their price point. It comes down to personal preference.

You can mount them in your stock location.

But, for best performance, you'd want to do some things such as mount them to a solid mounting surface (if the stock speakers mount to plastic, it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace that with some MDF), sound deaden and seal your door, etc.

alright thanks. I have been looking around, but I dont know what models to get of the different companies. Such as CDT, they have many different series of components. Which is the series to get?

The only set of comps that I have heard are set of MB Quart, dont know the model numbers but i can get them later today, and a set of Polks, again dont the the model but it cost around 300 from a store. IMO the polks sounded nicer than the MB quarts> BOth setups were on a jl 300/4.

What models are you all recommending for the brands listed above in the thread??

bobo244
03-11-2005, 09:16 AM
I appreciate the help everyone. Im not a component expert, so when Im looking at the different models, I have no clue which ones are better than the others. And help on which model #'s to get would help a lot.

bobo244
03-11-2005, 07:53 PM
anyone?