PDA

View Full Version : Clarion VRX610 security help

GregSTATS
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm trying to install a clarion (VRX610) DVD screen in my 1994 GMC 2-door Yukon. I'm having a problem similiar to "Miguel a.k.a help me!".

Everything works find except I cannot watch anything unless I hook the orange wire up to the e-brake lamp.

I've tried hooking it up to the (+ / orange) wire running to the lighter. Nothing happens.

Does the lighter have to be pushed in to complete the circuit?

Is there another wire I could use besides the lighter or e-brake?

Why can't the orange wire just be hooked up to any positive wire (like the red power wire)?

Any help is appreciated, I really want to get this thing hooked up!

~Greg

ttsquared100
03-09-2005, 06:01 PM
no dude i think to bypass all u have to do is ground it to any part of the chasis.

ttsquared100
03-09-2005, 06:02 PM
yea on second thought thats all u gotta do behind ur dash somewhere their should be metal attach it to that...look for a screw and partially unscrew the screw put the wire under it and then screw it tight, us a little electrical tape to be sure its safe and secure.

GregSTATS
03-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Really? Ok, I'm about to try and just ground it. If that's all you gotta do I'm gonna be so pissed! LOL I've been out here for the past couple hours messin with this wire.

Thanks for the help

~Greg

GregSTATS
03-09-2005, 07:35 PM
I grounded the orange wire to a bolt on one of the seats. The screen would play - kinda; the screen is not clear at all.

The images constantly scroll from top to bottom of the screen. In order to even get an image, I have to hold the grounded wire down with my thumb (maybe the surfaces aren't clean enough for good contact?).

I thought I read a post on here about using a toggle switch or something? Any help?

Thanks
~Greg

ttsquared100
03-09-2005, 08:55 PM
what u gotta do is strip a little more wire and find a different ground spot. it took me like 2 or 2 tries to find the optimial position. and now mine works free with out interference.

are you sure orange is the ground because i thought it was the illumination wire. but its prob different.

GregSTATS
03-10-2005, 04:08 AM
Yeah orange is definately the ground wire; there's another wire that's orange and white that runs the illumination.