PDA

View Full Version : All '05 Alpine HUs have 2v outputs (exept 9855)

3.5Max6spd
03-08-2005, 12:15 PM
As per Crutchfields specs....in case anyone hasn't noticed... :uhoh:

Comments?

cjjackson85
03-08-2005, 12:16 PM
The 9833 has 4v, on Crutchfield. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FG42erREsar/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=500CDA9833&search=9833

3.5Max6spd
03-08-2005, 12:18 PM
The 9833 has 4v, on Crutchfield. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FG42erREsar/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=500CDA9833&search=9833
I edited...

thats not an 2005 model

THX
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
The 9855 looks zexy as hell, but the comparable Pioneer Premiere 860MP has 6.5V pre-outs, 24-bit Burr Brown DACs, 13-band parametric EQ... Plus the Alpine's are still limited to the Ai-Net bus, which makes that KCA-420i ipod adapter interface s-l-o-w and limits the # of songs it sees.

I've been a fan of Alpine for a loong time but I may go Pioneer this year.

Stangs400
03-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Yep...noticed that a long time ago! Alpine is starting to show its weakness.. This is why it kinda makes me mad when everyone on here(well not everyone) always says alpine. Sure there nice but c'mon, the competition is starting to walk right by them....Especially eclipse, well i would say alpine could never compete with eclipse..but hey thats just me. But yes, Pioneer is at 6.5 volts on premiers....and actually i and my friends dad who owns a electronics shop tested them and seen the 960 to pu tou 7.2v unclipped at a little more than 75% of the volume...using 1khz sin wav. I wanna hook up a 860 because everyone on here pretty has one. But if memory serves me right the 960 has the same internals as the 860... :D

nosaj070
03-08-2005, 02:49 PM
To be brutally honest, unless you are super serious about how your car sounds (competing sq) I highly doubt you will really be able to tell the difference in input voltage with a decent quality amp. And line drivers really are not expensive and will put premiers to shame with voltage. Choose a HU based on how you like its features and useabiltiy, pre out voltage is not necessarily as important as everyone makes it out to be in most cases.

3.5Max6spd
03-08-2005, 06:32 PM
To be brutally honest, unless you are super serious about how your car sounds (competing sq) I highly doubt you will really be able to tell the difference in input voltage with a decent quality amp. And line drivers really are not expensive and will put premiers to shame with voltage. Choose a HU based on how you like its features and useabiltiy, pre out voltage is not necessarily as important as everyone makes it out to be in most cases.

Sorry, but when you spend a good chunk of change on a higher line HU you EXPECT the company to give you all the technology and specs that speak of the quality you pay for. At least in some shape or form rival that of the competition.

Although people tend to believe that Alpine going to BestBuy is not related to them dropping all the 4v models- its quite apparent- Alpine knows Bestbuy can sell
shyt on a stick in a pretty package to the masses with those weekly circulars- so on top of them profiting from that move w/ incresed sales , they felt the need to cost cut to further fatten' their pockets- thats not cool at all IMO

nosaj070
03-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Their HU's havn't been putting out much more than 2v for the last 3 years and no one was really complaining simply because they advertised it at 4.

What they are doing it called marketing. They are being smart. The executives of that company couldn't give two shits if some peopel on an internet forum are complaining about 2v pre outs, they want more money. Go buy an eclipse...

Logikalliquid
03-08-2005, 07:24 PM
The executives of that company couldn't give two shits if some peopel on an internet forum are complaining about 2v pre outs, they want more money. Go buy an eclipse...

But I don't want people throwing up in my car when they see my new eclipse. Alpines haven't put out the 4v they've claimed, now they are just coming clean about it, maybe they haven't changed anything except the specs and now its underated...

OR the'yre just money grubbing bastards like every other company.:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

-JB
03-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Buy a Pioneer is you care. Don't buy eclipse though.

iceteebone
03-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Buy a Pioneer is you care. Don't buy eclipse though.

and why should we not buy an eclipse? :confused:

BastardKidKris
03-08-2005, 09:55 PM
premier and eclipse are both awesome brands

i might have bought an eclipse if they authorized online deals

Logikalliquid
03-08-2005, 10:01 PM
and why should we not buy an eclipse? :confused:

Many people, including myself, don't like the new eclipse faces.

1200mk
03-08-2005, 10:25 PM
wait... so the even the 9833 has overrated preouts?

nosaj070
03-08-2005, 10:31 PM

Get a Nak, get a Panny, get a freaking ALpine. I will bet you 4000000 dollars that you will not notice a difference between 2 and 4v.

iceteebone
03-08-2005, 10:34 PM

so you would pass up a great performing deck because it isn't as pretty as the rest? i personally don't really care for the display on my eclipse 8443 but i guess i just choose features and performance over looks.

iceteebone
03-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Get a Nak, get a Panny, get a freaking ALpine. I will bet you 4000000 dollars that you will not notice a difference between 2 and 4v.

agreed. higher preouts does not mean the music magically sounds better. it just means the gains won't have to be turned up as high to match the input voltage.

chubby
03-09-2005, 12:51 AM
hehe, while yall are b1tching about 2v vs 4v pre out crap, my eclispe avn2454 *their most expensive unit by the way* has an unbelievable 800mv!!!

haha, this thing has 0.8v preouts in case you didnt catch on to the mv reference, now THAT is the suxor.

fathom 7411
03-09-2005, 08:49 AM
pioneers are the same way if you read the maual of almost any pioneer either premier line or not 6.5 volts is max power they are rated still 2.2v-2.5v rms which is just slight power on a alpine. the alpine are 2.0v-2.2volts rms. to be honest your not gonna notice a difference. kenwoods do 3volts rms, and last years panasonic 2083 did 6 volt rms and honestly my panasonic was only good for looks and touch screen. my alpine 9833 is nice but my 860 has better tuning and surprisingly my kenwood 828 sounds the nicest and it was the cheapest in cost.

3.5Max6spd
03-09-2005, 08:54 AM
hehe, while yall are b1tching about 2v vs 4v pre out crap, my eclispe avn2454 *their most expensive unit by the way* has an unbelievable 800mv!!!

haha, this thing has 0.8v preouts in case you didnt catch on to the mv reference, now THAT is the suxor.

everybody and their mother that I personally know that has bought those units has added a line driver....many people at ECA have complained on them being a lil' noisy/not clean enough- probably reason why Eclipse went with 5v/55ohm outs withthe '05 AVN's

The '04's are basically more extensive units than the OEM counterparts they developed OEM for Acura Tl's...etc....

3.5Max6spd
03-09-2005, 09:25 AM

you may not if you are going to use external processing w/ a 8v PRE AMP as YOU are;)

My point is not whether you'll notice a diff between 2v and 4v deck(even though I have), is that Alipine is not committed to to the audiophiles anymore, they've take a step back into mediocrity....the copper plated chassis and non clipping preout days are long gone and dont appear to be coming back

MetalMaxima
03-09-2005, 11:08 AM
So will it even be worth getting the 9855? I have been waiting on this HU for some time and was prettywell set on getting it... :goodorbad

3.5Max6spd
03-09-2005, 11:48 AM
So will it even be worth getting the 9855? I have been waiting on this HU for some time and was prettywell set on getting it... :goodorbad

if you like it and what it offers, get it- its a revised version of the 9835 and that deck was well received

hoss
03-09-2005, 11:55 AM
My point is not whether you'll notice a diff between 2v and 4v deck(even though I have), is that Alipine is not committed to to the audiophiles anymore, they've take a step back into mediocrity....the copper plated chassis and non clipping preout days are long gone and dont appear to be coming back
and you know why?

you know how much of alpines income comes from selling these aftermarket car stereo pieces? somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-2% of their total income... the rest comes from OEM pieces and catering to the needs of auto manufacturers etc... the income from alpines aftermarket products, plus the amount they spend in advertising them is alot. compared to the amount they spend advertising the pieces they make for oem units... i would hardly be suprised if they drop from the aftermarket scene, as it has been rumored.

chubby
03-10-2005, 12:48 AM
yeah, i am going to buy the line driver for it or wait to upgrade to a 2005 and try to sell mine. the 2005 models look like a huge leap from the old AVNs

cobra133
04-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Umm, just for the record. If you have a your gain settings done correctly, and quality rca cables run correctly, a 1V preout will work great.