PDA

View Full Version : use 572.3cf crossover on Audiobahn 6x8 speakers?

gotskill10
03-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey guys,

My kappa speakers failed on me so I got some audiobahn speakers 6x8. They handle 100w rms just like the kappas. I was wondering if I could use the crossovers from my audiobahn speakers or should I just use the bass blocker on the audiobahn?

Is this a good idea or not?

Im getting a slight hiss on my tweeters right now and I have the crossovers installed but im not sure if its because of that. Any opinions would be great, thx.

Echo42987
03-06-2005, 02:07 AM
The hiss...are you running your RCAs the same side as your power cable? If so put the RCA's on the other side of the Power cable thats probably why.

The crossovers though I don't think it will matter...cause they all seperate Highs and Low frequencies...but there mainly tuned to the speakers they came with. So I say just try it out and see what happens won't damage your speakers ne

gotskill10
03-06-2005, 02:14 AM
im not running them on the same side.

Are you saying there is no way i can damage my speakers with those crossovers?

squeak9798
03-06-2005, 10:49 AM
The hiss...are you running your RCAs the same side as your power cable? If so put the RCA's on the other side of the Power cable thats probably why.

That's a myth and has nothing to do with it. The hiss is a result of a poor ground, either at the amp or the HU. Try moving the grounds to different locations and see if the hiss goes away.

What Audiobahn 6x8's are we talking about here? Are they a component set, or just co-axials? If they are just co-axials, the only thing you need to do is highpass them (bass blockers, highpass on amp, etc etc). If it is a comp set and it came with a crossover, then use their supplied crossover aswell as highpass them.

gotskill10
03-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Im using the Audiobahn AS68Q.

They are coaxial but u can remove the tweeter and use as component. It comes with onboard bassblocker.

Should i just use that?

squeak9798
03-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Yup

Berry47
03-06-2005, 10:24 PM
That's a myth and has nothing to do with it. The hiss is a result of a poor ground, either at the amp or the HU. Try moving the grounds to different locations and see if the hiss goes away.

What Audiobahn 6x8's are we talking about here? Are they a component set, or just co-axials? If they are just co-axials, the only thing you need to do is highpass them (bass blockers, highpass on amp, etc etc). If it is a comp set and it came with a crossover, then use their supplied crossover aswell as highpass them.

The hiss is deff a myth however,...

I installed a 4 channel before I knew what I was doing and ran the rca's basiclly next to the power wire and needless to say I heard more alt whine then music.