PDA

View Full Version : question for you guys

italianlifter17
03-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Is the xxx mids just for midbass only, or are they actual speaker components???? sorry if that is kind of a stupid question but it is better to know than not know at all

squeak9798
03-04-2005, 05:14 PM
They're good up to atleast 5khz according to RE. So yes, they can play midrange aswell.

tRiGgEr
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Both Midbass and Midrange from what I've been told. Either IB, Sealed, or ported.

italianlifter17
03-04-2005, 05:17 PM
how does the xxx mids compare to a set of components such as the rainbow dreamlines

tRiGgEr
03-04-2005, 05:20 PM
how does the xxx mids compare to a set of components such as the rainbow dreamlines

I'de bet my money that they dominate them in midbass ouput. Considering I bought them :) But if you were to put these things in a ported box in the door. I'm sure these would out do a dramline mid.

Now don't quote me. I have yet to hook mine up. So well see.

squeak9798
03-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, the XXX mids will have a ton more displacement.

Can't tell you how the XXX mids fair against the Rainbow's in SQ, but at CES they were measured on the Klippel Measurement System against a number of drivers, and they measure better than the Seas Excels (which are very highly regarded home audio speakers....and you know how picky those home audio guys are. So, for them to hold the Excels in that high of regard, they must really be something....). Obviously machines can't tell you everything, but that should give you an idea.