PDA

View Full Version : Changing stock wire on tweets?

MetalMaxima
03-04-2005, 10:02 AM
I just got my comps in today and I see that there are two really weak look wires on the tweets. They appear to be soldered on there. Would there be any harm in removing the stock wire and soldering my own 12-gauge on there?

3.5Max6spd
03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
I just got my comps in today and I see that there are two really weak look wires on the tweets. They appear to be soldered on there. Would there be any harm in removing the stock wire and soldering my own 12-gauge on there?

do you mean that stock wiring on the vehicle for the factory tweets? or the ones in the aftermarket tweets?

tRiGgEr
03-04-2005, 10:19 AM
If it is the wire on the tweet. Do not bother. They were made to last so why redo it if nothing is broken.

squeak9798
03-04-2005, 10:23 AM
If it is the wire on the tweet. Do not bother. They were made to last so why redo it if nothing is broken.

:word:

Save yourself the headache and just leave the wire there. The manufacturer knows what they are doing and would not attach too small of a wire to their own tweeter.

MetalMaxima
03-04-2005, 10:31 AM
do you mean that stock wiring on the vehicle for the factory tweets? or the ones in the aftermarket tweets?

Aftermarket, same one you have - the ACS265s. :D
Decided to keep the 4150xxk, I'll be using it to power these and a sealed Koda 10. I'll probably upgrade the midbass if I am not satisfied with it at a later date with a pair of Extremis powered by a 2100xxk.

Yeah, this is true. I am just concerned about signal interference since I will be running the x-overs in a fairly distant spot (trunk)

3.5Max6spd
03-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Aftermarket, same one you have - the ACS265s. :D
Decided to keep the 4150xxk, I'll be using it to power these and a sealed Koda 10. I'll probably upgrade the midbass if I am not satisfied with it at a later date with a pair of Extremis powered by a 2100xxk.

Yeah, this is true. I am just concerned about signal interference since I will be running the x-overs in a fairly distant spot (trunk)

Nah, just tap into the tweets- its what I did, all Rainbows come that way-as said above manufacturer has its reasons

Are you planing on bridging the 4150? or are you running rear fill?

MetalMaxima
03-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Nah, just tap into the tweets- its what I did, all Rainbows come that way-as said above manufacturer has its reasons

Are you planing on bridging the 4150? or are you running rear fill?

Yep, rear fill with Rainbow 265s....likley running that off of my HU.

3.5Max6spd
03-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Yep, rear fill with Rainbow 265s....likley running that off of my HU.

;) you should be very content with the performance of that set then...good luck , keep us posted

when I bridged my 4150 to them gain was not even up to ~ 1/4 way...be very careful...

MetalMaxima
03-04-2005, 03:16 PM
;) you should be very content with the performance of that set then...good luck , keep us posted

when I bridged my 4150 to them gain was not even up to ~ 1/4 way...be very careful...

Yeah, I talked to Brad about this and he said make sure I keep the gain as low as possible. As for now, I am going to be going to the HD for some MDF...time to start the amp rack!

6spdcoupe
03-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Where did ya get the ACSs from?

Youll definately be very pleased.