PDA

View Full Version : Ported 10 L7"

ttsquared100
03-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Im lookin for plans for a single kicker 10 l7...pure spl this is going to be project...i am looking for loudest possible what have you guys done before

DFW40
03-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Look on their site at the large end of the ported enclosures. Have about 30 inches of port area and tune to around 40 hz and you will have a very loud 10 inch sub. It might not sound great but you said you were after SPL

ttsquared100
03-03-2005, 08:02 PM
yea im playin around on the box building program on the computer but i am a novice and this is a project so it should be fun...might take me a few tries but at least i dont need that much wood lol if anybody else has actual plans id like to see them

also anybody done a snail-shell box how in the world do you calculate those measurements...

bcarpenterfhl
03-03-2005, 09:56 PM
apparently you should find the resonant frequency of your car before you select your tuning. bassbox pro 6 is good for this kinda thing. i'd say 2.75-30 cubes, and tune around 40 Hz? perhaps you should consider some sort of bandpass design if you're trying for pure SPL.

ttsquared100
03-04-2005, 11:16 AM
hmm...where can i get bassbox pro 6? yea im prob gonna tune it to an explorer i know im in the low to mid 40hz range...i screwed up with my last box tuned to 36hz cause i thought i wanted it to sound clear but i have become more Knowledgeable since then.

i am under the impression that ported is louder than bandpass. why do you suggest bandpass.

DFW40
03-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Bandpass can be very effecient and tuned to play a small range of freq. You can tune that box to peak very hard at lets say 50 hz or so but will not play well above or below that.

http://jlaudio.com/tutorials/magic/bandpass.html

ttsquared100
03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
**** these boxes get pretty complicated...i guess when i thought of bandpass i thought of the crappy best buy ones with plexi-glass and neons...since its a hobby just sometin to do i might try and build several boxes...but im gonna go do some more research on bandpass thanks...

anybody else out their messed around with a single ten

Naxis2k1
03-04-2005, 05:49 PM
build a sealed box. run some feq sweeps whatever feq hits/sounds the loudest tune for that. or near that.

ttsquared100
03-05-2005, 12:57 AM
do you think i can use one of those handheld dB meters to figure that out...cause for me to get on a mic would be tough. how about the formula that bass mechanik gives out is that accurate. what i am tryin to say is the resonant frequency of your car the same number you should tune your box to???